Hold onto your hats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220218_135601.jpg

Still a bit windy here but seems we got off lightly

So far just two roof tiles and a greenhouse pane for me! However, the anemometer on Salisbury spire was off the clock at 100+ m.p.h.

Last edited:
A friend sent me this pik, the house is about a mile away.

We have a slipped slate and a lot of the garden stuff has drifted about ( i ratchet strapped the trampoline and hot tub covers down ) but we got off lightly.

I was at the workshop today, the electrics went down and apparently it won't be back until tomorrow night.

Theres a few small trees down. It did get very windy. The workshop shook a few times ( large shipping container )
Somehow my bat house survived! One of the foam sealing strips came loose on the roof.
Very lucky. I really feel for those who've got damage. One of my customers phoned because his balcony has come apart in the wind( its probably 20 plus years old )
The worst bit is that everyone is already ridiculously busy so getting things fixed will be a pain

Attachments

• IMG-20220218-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220218-WA0003.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 15
@Sandyn where's it snowing, none in Edinburgh
Snow on high ground in Northumberland, north East Cumbria and the far eastern fells of the Lake District today. Some heavy'ish falls, but very patchy... one or two peaks covered, the next two or three not.

Lots of wind yesterday. A few tree down in the road behind our house and some shed roofing felt on the path.I lost four panes of glass from the greenhouse in a sudden and fierce gust and some potted plants blew over. An eventful day.

Looking out the kitchen window I noticed this morning that the schools allotment shed isn't where its supposed to be, guess I'll be spending most of Monday moving it back 🙃

My field shelter was on it's back, 3 of us got it back upright, zero damage, the bloke who made it, made it like a brick shithouse, very handsome chap as well ;)

In the summer I'll put outriggers on it's back to avoid it happening everytime we have 120mph gusts, which at this rate will be every other weekend.

where's it snowing, none in Edinburgh
On a Friday, I travel up to the Dundee side of Perth, up the M90. Fortunately I had heard about the snow there. Not a lot, but on that long hill at Glenfarg, there was chaos, also on the A9. Lorries stuck on hills. The road system just ground to a halt. We just stopped for breakfast at Powmill for a while. By the time we reached the M90, it was clear. There was only a couple of inches of snow, but it was enough to cause problems. Snow came from the west, so not so bad.

Looked out of the window yesterday morning and saw the sheets on my workshop roof beginning to lift.
Hastily grabbed short lengths of wood and fixed them on as a temporary fix.
Imagine the picture me at 84 at the top of the ladder,my wife 82 holding on to the bottom and it blowing and raining like I've never seen . Dare not tell the family but at least I've saved the workshop roof.
:):):):)

Alan

20220219_153945.jpg

Well its howling down here in Cornwall, chaps roof over the road has blown off his bay window and the tiles on the corner of the roof keep lifting, hope they stay on long enough, TV has just gone down

I built a fairly heavy birdhouse / feeding station, it blew over in some recent gusts so I put a bungy through it to secure it down (it sits on the shed roof) good job I did as the wind has flipped it over and it would be gone if not for the bungy

I keep seeing things blow by the window, bags bottles and other flotsam just hope its not our roof

you can say that again. Have only been in Newquay for a few months and already lost the roof on my dorma bungalow. 🥴🤔

Back