Hold onto your hats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember in the late '70s a dustbin emptying its contents over me as I went to work on my motorbike.
I remember in the same gale the cat rolling up into a ball and getting blown across the lawn.
I remember being in a tent on top of a cliff just south of Borth with the missus on the night Michael Fish said this...

Woke up in the middle of the night by being repeatedly slapped in the face with a very wet tent. 10 minutes later it had departed only to be found the following day plastered over a hedge half a mile away...

Well its howling down here in Cornwall, chaps roof over the road has blown off his bay window and the tiles on the corner of the roof keep lifting, hope they stay on long enough, TV has just gone down

I built a fairly heavy birdhouse / feeding station, it blew over in some recent gusts so I put a bungy through it to secure it down (it sits on the shed roof) good job I did as the wind has flipped it over and it would be gone if not for the bungy

I keep seeing things blow by the window, bags bottles and other flotsam just hope its not our roof

It's breezy in the Burbs.

I was due to go into London today, but that would be a silly idea, as Bishopsgate is a windy canyon at the best of times. It'd be an "interesting" place to be on a Brompton right now.

Strangely quiet here, just outside Cardigan, but the wind is just starting to pick up now. We are in a very windy spot, but the most damage is done when the wind doesn't come from the prevailing wind direction.
Storm Arwen caught us from the north, which uprooted two tall Leylandii, upturned the chicken hut and smashed a sea buckthorn against the gable end of my workshop. Cosmetic damage only to the workshop, and enough wood to use on the workshop stove for the next few years. A further bonus was some large turning blanks - 'It's an ill wind indeed that blows nobody any good' Though I wish we still had the trees to protect the garden from the prevailing wind.

Well, my house is on the top of a hill, so we're never going to flood, but we do get a bit of wind. The Met office forecast yesterday was that we were going to be in the thick of it, but so far we seem to have escaped the worst (Ross on Wye). The power keeps going off and back on and the mobile network is off and on too. I've taken the day off to look after the kids (all schools are closed) and do whatever I can if we get damage! Fingers crossed it doesn't get much worse than this.

It's gone more towards the northwest here now and picked up, more frequent gusts, about 60-70mph at a guess.

1645180843102.png

Ha ! We don't get earthquakes though
other than the 25 in the last 50 days ;)
http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_uk_events.html
quite windy here in Bristol - though in theory dying down slightly (ha!) we are in a very wooded area, but yet to see any trees down, though minor twigs / branches are falling... we went around outside tying down / bringing in various things (like the table tennis table) but left out the small gazebo which is standing not tied down and seemingly quite happy - in a sheltered patch beside the house - so will see what happens... new car bought yesterday, so just awaiting the irony of a tree falling on it!

Was out 3 times with the dog last night, the latest was half 1 and everything was dead calm. in fact it was like being in the doldrums here. Wind has picked up to a slight breeze this morning though it has a bit of a nip in it

Back