Hold down for outdoor lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaggaSteve

Reaction score
I have just joined a local (Australia) mens shed. The actual shed is quiet small but they have two lathes, both donated older Novas. I am looking at moving at least the smaller lathe outside on sunny days (yes they do exist) so I wont be messing up the small shed. A rough but serviceable wood topped table sits just outside the door so trying to come up with an effective way to easily hold down at least the mini and possibly later the midi. Mini has threaded holes coming up into the base where I believe I can bolt appropriately sized pieces of timber to rest on the table but looking at ideas as to how best hold those pieces of timber to the table itself. Obviously could screw it down but looking for a more durable solution along the lines of a few captive nuts on bottom of the table that a bolt could be threaded into after passing through the cross members that are bolted to the lathe and the table top. Phew it would probably take less time to make than describe but looking for suggestions please TIA Dummyfromdownunder

Thank you. Perfect for what I had n mind. It's just an old table that I think is kept outside all the time, so drilling a few holes is unlikely to be frowned and these leave no pokie outie bits when not in use

Back