Hms 3200 vs hammerA3-31 P/T's help,any 1 with experience of!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Need to get myself a 12" planer thicknesser, these two seem to come pretty high in peoples opinion and reveiws.
I just need to be swayed one way or the other.
Hms 3200ci is winning as i read great things of the hms260
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers
paul :?

Paul welcome to the forum.

I personally haven't had any experience with either of these p/t, but i will say that the Hammer is built by or is a sister company of Felder and if their machines are anything to go by then i would be inclined to lean towards the Hammer, because Felder are at the top of their tree.

That is not to say that Scheppach machines are no good because as you will read from past posts on this forum they seem to be excellent.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Regards

Woody

pcarter77":1h76v2y5 said:
Need to get myself a 12" planer thicknesser, these two seem to come pretty high in peoples opinion and reveiws.
I just need to be swayed one way or the other.
Hms 3200ci is winning as i read great things of the hms260
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers
paul :?

I have a HMS260ci and I'm very happy. AS mentinoed above, Hammer are in the same stable as Felder, and I think I'd lean towards that if I had the money.

What the difference in price?

Adam

hammer are doing the A3-31/04 model for £1500 give or take the same price as the hms 3200.
like the idea of the fine finish with the hms
with you 260 do you use replaceable blades? are they easy to swap/set up?

Hi,

As a Felder user for 3 years I can say that you would not be disappointed with the Hammer. Felders service is fantastic, they are very knowledgeable, can provide independent training courses, have removeable blades which self align, provide great accuracy, last a lifetime.

Remind me? Who are Scheppach?

Certainly this thread is worth looking at:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 01&start=0

Scheppach certainly come out by far the most popular with members of this forum, for combined planer/thicknessers, although for the HMS260 (now cast iron (ci) - which is about 1/2 the price you have to spend. If I had more, it would have been really difficult to choose between all the options. As always, the copout is to suggest you go and try them all, and see which you like based on a "test driive"!

Have you considered a seperate Planer and thicknesser? I know the Jet planer, combined with a stand alone thicknesser comes very highly rated by other members here, and is much the same price for the two items, as you are suggesting.

Adam

Back