Hmmm, a little miffed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any of you got the Hammer/Felder magazine in the post today??

If so have a look at page three and the solid oak french doors apparently made by Glen Brown of Towcester on his Felder equipment.

They are remarkably similar if not identical to the ones I delivered to him in August 2007 made in my workshop :x :x

I'm not disputing that this gentleman has a workshop equipped with felder equip but I can assure you he did not make those doors using it.

Email to Felder next!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I haven't seen the mag, but i'd certainly be miffed too. But I suppose it depends on what Felder were told by the customer - he may have told them that he built them.

Interesting to see what they say/do about it.

Cheers

Karl

Its not the first time, once had a chap in for a couple of days one to one training during which he rather ambitiously wanted to make a walnut side table - anyway he didn't get it finished and actually commissioned me to finish it for him which I duly did including the polishing.

When passing his in the Midlands about a year after he had collected in to see him whilst I was that way to help set up a new machine he had bought, on going inside for a cuppa was surprised to see two rosettes attached to the legs of the table

1st for Finishing and 1st for Construction - it transpired that he had entered the table into a furniture competition near where he lived and won.

Hasten to add I wasn't impressed and his wife gave him real grief as she said I wouldnt be happy!

Roger, Out of curiosity I had a look at the flyer (it's hardly a magazine) :D .

But the article you refer to doesn't actually say the doors in the picture were made by Him using the Hammer machines does it ??. I can't honestly see you have any complaint whatsoever imho.

ProShop":1m0f3jpa said:
But the article you refer to doesn't actually say the doors in the picture were made by Him using the Hammer machines does it ??. I can't honestly see you have any complaint whatsoever imho.

Whilst I agree they don`t state that the doors in the photo were made by him, they do say Glen made bespoke doors, windows & furniture for the old barn.
So to write that, & then put pictures of doors & a table & mirror it`s not much of a leap to believe that they are implying the doors & furniture they feature are indeed made by Glen.

Cheers.

I dunno about that Doug, to me it's just a picture of a barn conversion imho which the article claims Glen bought the Hammer machines for.

No doubt you will soon be snowed under with commissions for prize winning pieces. :D As though the Davenport your building isn't proof enough of your tremendous skill as a cabinet maker! Now people know your furniture actually wins prizes and is used as backdrops for top end machinery manufacturers. Incidentally how is the finishing going on the Davenport?

Changing subject actually finished the construction of the Davenport today so will start polishing next week

Is this the publication?

http://www.felder.at/files/2012/02/spri ... 2_gb-1.pdf

Without reading the above posts it looks like the statement is that Glen Brown made the "bespoke doors, windows and furniture" and it perhaps implies that the pictures doors and furniture were made by him...

The article does stop short of saying "here's some woody bits that Glen made" with the super dooper stuff we sold him - buy it!"

Well it that's the article Roger's talking about, there is a clear implication that he made the doors himself using his Hammer machinery. Yes, it doesn't explicitly state "these are the doors I made using my Hammer machinery", but it's as close to saying that as you're going to get !

If you were to read that article without having seen Rogers post here, you would [erroneously] believe that the guy had made them himself.

Yes I agree - I get the implication he made the stuff especially as it features the doors.

Rod

Roger, don't forget to mention the trauma, embarrassment, sleep deprivation and mental scars (and the cost of a therapist) you have suffered through this situation. We can back you up......do you have a catalogue to hand? :)

Seriously, if there's a picture or two of doors, windows or whatever beside a guy waffling on about the delights of a particular machine the only conclusion you can come to is that the guy made the stuff.
Wonder who made the table and mirror frame?

Back