HJ Pugh Annual January Mega Wood and stuff auction - Jan 11

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
This is next Saturday at Ledbury. Catalogue is coming out shortly and also viewable/biddable online. Will post link when it is available.

It is the biggest of their wood auctions and usually has a good range of timber and occasional exotics.

Christmas has just come again!
Without any prompting, the LoML has just said "Isn't there normally a wood sale at Ledbury in January?"
As we are between the birth of granddaughters (Sophie Jane born 28th December and "Baby Smith" due on 1st February), my gorgeous wife has suggested that this will be the last weekend for a while that we can go away and so she has just booked a hotel at Ledbury for Friday night.
I have to admit that I don't really need any more wood (struggling for time to use the stock I have) but Pugh's is a brilliant day out and as she loves Ledbury (butchers are amazing), I or we will be there on Saturday - so look out for a smug Scouser with an Irish wife and please say hello.
Glynne

Glynne":1n19bs08 said:
Without any prompting, the LoML has just said "Isn't there normally a wood sale at Ledbury in January?"
As we are between the birth of granddaughters (Sophie Jane born 28th December and "Baby Smith" due on 1st February), my gorgeous wife has suggested that this will be the last weekend for a while that we can go away and so she has just booked a hotel at Ledbury for Friday night.
I have to admit that I don't really need any more wood (struggling for time to use the stock I have) but Pugh's is a brilliant day out and as she loves Ledbury (butchers are amazing), I or we will be there on Saturday - so look out for a smug Scouser with an Irish wife and please say hello.
Glynne

You lucky sod!
I only have to mention wood and her eyes glaze over.

Glynne":1pdsnq5c said:
Glynne

Tell her that if she likes fabulous French patisserie then go to Chez Pascal....where the old timbered market hall is, turn right up a narrow lane and it's just up there on the right.

See you there...don't forget the carnation. The A4103 should be clear of flood water at Stiffords Bridge...still passable with care but f you have to wait then why not pop into The Red Lion and try a super pint of Lannie's? Grubs good as well.

JustBen":3ausfczh said:
Glynne":3ausfczh said:
Glynne

You lucky sod!
I only have to mention wood and her eyes glaze over.

Then leave her at home. Simple!

Thanks Roger. We went past Chez Pascal last time we were down but didn't realise you could just go in for pastries.
I'll probably come the long way around (but quicker) via the M50 and hopefully miss out any flooding.
I might struggle to find a carnation but I'll probably have my green "girly man bag" to carry glasses, phone, catalogue, tape measure and the rest of the paraphanelia I seem to think I need - but never actually do! Hope to see you there.
Glynne

This looks interesting, what sort of prices does the timber sell for, is it much cheaper than buying from a usual timber yard?

See you there Roger I owe you a cup of tea the new computer you recommended is fabulous.
Regards
Berns

Back