Hitachi NR90GC2 framing nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone own one of these ........Hitachi NR90GC2

Looks good from most reviews , I've always used paslodes in the past which are usually good but these look good and pricewise are better.

I havent met anyone who likes the Hitachi yet. Bostitch are getting some good reviews at the moment and a few guys swear by the Makita one. Have never had a problem in 15 years with my paslode and still going strong.

chippymart":17rfzroh said:
I havent met anyone who likes the Hitachi yet. Bostitch are getting some good reviews at the moment and a few guys swear by the Makita one. Have never had a problem in 15 years with my paslode and still going strong.

Yeah Ive used Paslodes for years but never owned my own as Ive never needed to. I have Bostitch air guns but only bradders and they are great but a guy who works with us has the gas finish nailer and its complete rubbish. Hes only had it a couple of months and its broken twice already. I might even go the air framer route as Ive already got a compressor.

Hi , I have the Hitachi and have had it for nearly 5 years . It has served me well . It is a tenth of a kilo heavier but I have never had a problem with it , and prefer it as it has a rubber type grip which I find great when using it for prolonged periods . with the paslode you retract the loading tab , load the nails and release the catch , but with the hitachi you just slide the nails in and pull back and release the mechanism in one , which I prefer too ... Also unlike the Pazzy battery , the Hitachi's clips in properly and is the same cell as used on some of their other battery tools so easily swapped around , and they dont cost the earth like the pazzy ones .

It is once again all down to personal taste but I would not swap for all the tea in china !! If possible see if you can hire or borrow one for a day and see how you get on with it .

When Hitachi upgraded the design and changed a few details , they then sold the MK1 design to Makita .

HTH's Sam

I have recently brought a compressor as well and am thinking of buying a framing nailer. Toolstation are doing the 34 deg Bostitch framer for £245 inc vat at the moment, £100 off and by far the cheapest around. Aximinster have their own gas nailer aswell now but haven't heard any reviews yet.

Yeah I saw that one in toolstation I think that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I was also looking at the bostitch angled finish nailer , says its 15 gauge does anyone know if the standard 16 gauge like used in the paslode and dewalt finish nailers will work ?

Back