Hitachi C10 FSB Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Biglouie,

Hitachi is a very safe bet for quality. Personally, I've always liked Hitachi tools and all of mine are working perfectly well albeit some looking rather battered, after nearly 20 years. Motors, and bearings are Hitachi built and pretty well bombproof by all accounts in the trade. I would have no reason to suspect the mitre saw is any less well built and at that price, you be daft not to get one!

Ike

I've heard only glowing recommendations for Hitachi. I picked up a second hand handheld electric planer at a car boot fayre that had clearly hit something metal in quite a major hit, as it wasn't just the blade that had snapped. I took a risk that spare parts would be available and spent a couple of quid on it - and not only tracked down the part number from an exploded drawing on the web, but the part was prmptly delivered and reasonably priced. I'm very impressed with the quality of build, and components they used - e.g. the bearings etc. They look well engineered tools suitable for "proper" trade use.

Adam

P.S. If you do buy one, given the saving on the saw, it's well worth considering a good 80T blade for around £40-£50 (I've found CMT to be very good on my Delta 36-250). The standard blade although good quality, won't give a glass smooth cut.

(Just noticed a devilish no.of posts :twisted: )

Thanks for the replies.

I'll go and see if I can see one in action and then assuming all is well, get the cheque book out...

You won't be disappointed, it's a good saw. The only thing to watch for is the little spring which holds the blade guard release lever, as it is a bit flimsy. Other than that the saw is pretty much bomb proof.

Back