hippo table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
I once saw a table in a mag (that was in a waiting room)and I`m trying to source a piccy.

It was a hippo, with a sheet of glass placed on top to make it look as if the hippo is in water (I think the tops of its ears and some of its back was glued onto the top of the glass).

It looked fantastic and would love a picture if anyone knows of it.....

cheers

steve

I too saw this and was extremely impressed.

I saw it on a WW show on H&L though. Sorry, can't quite remember which show.

I remember the table - the guy sculpted quite a few on the same theme.
Sorry, but I can't remember the sculptor :cry: or the mag :(

Steve,

I've seem this too, somewhere. TV, Net, Mag? Not a clue...

Rgds

Noel.

Pretty sure it was net or tv.

Hmm, that or something similar rings a bell. There's a table with three ducks as legs, tails up, in a similar manner shown in the Complete Woodworker's Manual IIRC. I'm currently drawing a blank on the hippo though.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Steve,

Although i forget the name of the old guy who made it the table you are talking about was in a Dentist waiting room and the program was The Workshop John Built on H&L.
As ALF says he also did the one with the ducks and many others.

I know that this does not help you sourcing a picture, but heh if you phone H&L they might point you in the right direction or even send you a copy.

Regards

Mike.C

It was on the H&L series 'Johns Workshop'
It takes at least 3 months to carve from a tree with the top of the animal stuck on top of the glass making you think it was carved in one piece with the glass cut to fit.

I'm sure I have a book with a picture of a glass table and 3 upturned ducks - a stunningly original design and I'd love one! I think it may accredit the maker so I'll dig it out and post it.

Ike

Oh heck, I didn't want to do this but since it's you Dave, just a couple

clif1.jpg
elephantglasstoptable.JPG

Back