Hinges, handles and precut ash veneered MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone [it's been a while!]. I have looked in now and again, but woodworking opportunities have been few and far between.

Three questions really.....

I need to make some custom sized, built in wardrobes and drawers, and an office space in our new loft extension.

I plan to make them from ash veneered MDF (or possibly Maple veneered).

I'm working on the design (to accommodate building tolerances!) but don't want to lug 8x4 sheets down to the workshop for cutting. Does anyone know any suppliers, in the south east that will work to a cutting list for ash veneered MDF? Kent, Surrey or South London ideally.

I think the whole project would be easier if I had all the wardrobe doors, drawers etc cut on a vertical panel saw. My local Champions offer this service, but they aren't cheap and charge for cuts. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Secondly, I'd like to know any recommendations for door handles, pull out drawer slides and suchlike? I've used Isaac Lord in the past I think. I guess I don't want ones that are too expensive.

Finally, what thickness would people recommend for the wardrobe doors. They will be about 6 foot tall.

Anyone know any links, or tips or suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Adam

I have been dabbling in the workshop off and on - but nothing of significance! Mostly a young family and work has absorbed all my time.

I have some shelving units to build for home- I have to admit that I am also looking at having everything cut to size and so I can just domino it all together. Even if they charge for cutting it will save me a lot of time and effort which will justify it- having half finished projects hanging around because it will take 2 weekends rather than 1 doesn't go down well here!

I know a couple of places up here, but can't help with your location sorry.

I think South London Hardwoods offer a cutting service. They are in Croydon iirc.

For hardware look at LDL Online, Bullers or Ironmongery Direct.

Good luck, hope you find what you need.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to say this but my company offers a cutting service as well as an edge banding service to, solid edges and veneered. PM me for details can ship to most places for around 40 quid.

Back