Hinge type name?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamRounce

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
Am I lucky enough for someone to know if these hinges have a name?
Thanks,

20220209_153350.jpg

@ Doc Bob .. Hi - before posting here, I did a lot of scrolling on ebay, after 'case hinge' , but it still lists every possible kind of hinge, as alibaba seems to. That's why I thought to narrow it down by using the right name, if it had one!
I'll try "suitcase hinge". Thanks.

@ Jacob: I'm sorry to report that Abbey England which I initially thought was brilliant, faffed me about creating an account and refusing to accept my first ten password choices, then told me the postage for 4 hinges was 4.50 (ok, bearable, just about), THEN told me there was a minimum order of £20 and I should make some more purchases... Obviously I didn't.
Oh, it was all plus vat, too.
Sorry, Jacob, I still appreciate your effort!

@ Jacob: I'm sorry to report that Abbey England which I initially thought was brilliant, faffed me about creating an account and refusing to accept my first ten password choices, then told me the postage for 4 hinges was 4.50 (ok, bearable, just about), THEN told me there was a minimum order of £20 and I should make some more purchases... Obviously I didn't.
Oh, it was all plus vat, too.
Sorry, Jacob, I still appreciate your effort!
You need a trade heading (just stick "Design" after your name) and tell the you are looking for samples for a project. You might get them FOC!

Yes, but only old crappy-looking ones.

Abbey England have the new, exact, correct hole-spacing, same thing, but their economic model prevents them selling it to me : (

The only other decent source I've seen in much googling is Leffler Leather in Australia, who I admit I haven't contacted yet! (I'm practicing smooching/grovelling as we speak!)

Back