Hinge identification.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwercus

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me on a maker/supplier of this type of hinge?. I don't know what they're called which makes searching for them online more difficult. There is an Italian brand called Anuba but they are lightweight and intended mainly for kitchen units and suchlike.
The size I'm looking for has to support a pair of french doors on a Summerhouse I'm building, the doors have a large glazed area and are quite heavy.
IMG_3544.JPG

Suppose they are a type of 'Lift-off hinge', for cabinets. I've not seen a double pinned one before. they normally have a singe threaded rod for screwing into cabinets and doors. These look to be a screwless type for a hammer fit?

Those don't look great for a full size door. If you want a 180 degree opening for French doors a parliament hinge might do.

Suppose they are a type of 'Lift-off hinge', for cabinets. I've not seen a double pinned one before. they normally have a singe threaded rod for screwing into cabinets and doors. These look to be a screwless type for a hammer fit?
The threaded part does rotate and is screwed in, the plain peg gives stability. Two parallel pilot holes have to be drilled accurately.

The threaded part does rotate and is screwed in, the plain peg gives stability. Two parallel pilot holes have to be drilled accurately.
Hi there,
Ah, yes, I can see now - I think I can just see the edge of an access hole in your picture, Simonswerk seem to manufacture one that is the same at the bottom, but has only a single rod at the top. They also give the weight ratings for their hinges . Hope this helps.

used a lot over here.....if u want I'll ask around.....
every door in our house has 4 hinges like that.....
our doors are made in Italy as well.....
will look for the markings of manuf.......
they also have an adjuster for hight......

Thanks for all your help, the TKZ seems to be closest to the example I posted. If they're not available in UK or exorbitantly expensive I could settle for parliament or maybe some type of cranked hinge. Thanks again.

Back