Hinge help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottGoddard

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - i need some help. I need to add a door to one of the units i make. The door would by on the out side (not and insert) and fold down. I would like to use some sort of flush hinge and probably need couple of stays. However, i am struggling to find something that would be flush and full overlay - any ides? (i am trying to stay away from Euro style to save space)

Attachments

• IMG_9181.jpg
    IMG_9181.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 42
Blum do version with full overlay. Have you discounted these.

(8 Pcs) Blum Clip Top BLUMOTION 110 Degree Standard Hinge Kitchen Cabinet Cupboard Door Hinge 71MB3550, Self-close Mechanism Hinge, Full Overlay, Fast Assembly Buffering Hinge, Made in Austria (8 Pcs) Blum Clip Top BLUMOTION 110 Degree Standard Hinge Kitchen Cabinet Cupboard Door Hinge 71MB3550, Self-close Mechanism Hinge, Full Overlay, Fast Assembly Buffering Hinge, Made in Austria : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Yeah as they are a euro style hinge. Not wanting to use this due to the space they take up.

Do you mean staying open horizontally? One simple way is to make the door wider than the cupboard so there's a little lip. Then butt hinges or one piano hinge and it opens horizontally.
Often done for box lids with the lip trimmed back so that the lid would stay open just past vertical.

hinge.JPG

Last edited:
Back