highlights

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all whats with these highlighted areas offering i phones and pads have we been invaded.
pip

I take it you are seeing ads? Not something i get using firefox/ adblock plus ;)

pip1954":1okbocnp said:
hi all whats with these highlighted areas offering i phones and pads have we been invaded.
pip

There shouldn't be any ads like that on UKW. Are you running any anti-virus and anti-malware programs? Can you let me know what OS and web browser (plus versions) you're using?

I've been getting really annoyed by these intrusive ads as well but I think I've managed to turn them off.

They seem to be produced by a program called Awesome Screenshots. I clicked on the red arrow at the right hand side of the ad and got a screen that allowed me to turn them off.

Now getting it on fleabay. The arrow is an orange/red triangle to the right of the pictures in the ad. Left click on the arrow and another window comes up with bigger pictures of the ads - at the bottom of that window is a link which allows you switch off these ads.

Awesome Screenshots is a screen capture program. (not add generator in its own right)

The fact that you are seeing it on various sites points to an infection of the local machine or device with an unwanted browser add on or similar.

Back