High pressure laminating recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the combination of hydraulic press lamination and CNC that's got me scratching my head. There's plenty of CNC options, but of the ones I've used I can't think of any that also have press facilities. Tylers (the timber yard) do contract steam bending and I think they also do contract lamination work, but I don't think they have CNC or edge banding facilities.

Do you mean laminating HPL onto sheet (which would fit with edgebanding) or laminating curves from solid timber?

Jake":10hfg7m0 said:
Do you mean laminating HPL onto sheet (which would fit with edgebanding) or laminating curves from solid timber?

Hi Jake, I think my question was a little misleading, yep it's HPL onto MDF core with PVC edging if thats the correct terminology. I am open to advice as it not my normal type of work.

Cheers Peter

Chrispy":1efc8t5v said:
I could do the laminating and the CNC work but not the PVC edging I'm afraid.

Thanks Chris

I am struggling to find all three processes in the same workshop, I have a couple of mates who have laminating and CNC kit but don't have the edging equipment.

I may come to you if I change my specification.

Cheers Peter

saxon laminates chippenham, immensely helpful company, just dealt with them but I dont know if they do CNC. If they dont they will know someone who does as the owners have been in the industry near 40yrs.

Matt@":2q33beng said:
saxon laminates chippenham, immensely helpful company, just dealt with them but I dont know if they do CNC. If they dont they will know someone who does as the owners have been in the industry near 40yrs.

Thanks Matt, I have looked at the website, can't see any CNC but I will contact them to see if they can help.

Cheers Peter

These guys did my kitchen doors pretty well a few years back (HPL onto MRMDF, cut to size and edgebanded).

http://www.spaworldwide.co.uk/

I don't know if they have CNC routing but they seem to have expanded into yachts and joinery since so I imagine they have lots of kit (they were just pressing veneer and laminate and doing panel stuff when I used them I think).

Jake":2tksfbib said:
These guys did my kitchen doors pretty well a few years back (HPL onto MRMDF, cut to size and edgebanded).

http://www.spaworldwide.co.uk/

I don't know if they have CNC routing but they seem to have expanded into yachts and joinery since so I imagine they have lots of kit (they were just pressing veneer and laminate and doing panel stuff when I used them I think).

Thanks Jake, just taken a look around their website, I will defiantly be calling them looks like they have one hell of a setup and are very professional, my job might be a bit small for them.

This is an extract from their website

Spa Worldwide has recently completed a £1 million programme of investment at our site in Leeds. An automated pressing line, new sanding, burnishing and edge-banding equipment and a new CNC set up have all been commissioned as part of an extensive factory overhaul designed to improve efficiency and create real environmental benefits.

New lighting powered by solar panels and a wood burner that enables the operation to use all its waste material, mean that Spa will be virtually self-sufficient for heat and electricity for the next 20 years.

Cheers Peter

meccarroll":3ggzzg5k said:
Mark Numbers on UKwoodwork may be able to help.

Mark

Thanks meccarroll

Do you mean mark270981 ? Just had a quick look on the forum, I haven't posted their for a couple of years so can't get in to message him, could you possibly give him a shout for me?

Much appreciated if you can, cheers Peter

vally bar":5u4hv9pg said:
Peter Sefton":5u4hv9pg said:
I am looking to find a good high pressure laminating company who have facilities for CNC routing and edge banding, any body used one or recommendations.

Cheers Peter
We can do all 3,
Paul 0780 2266699
http://www.rushworth.uk.com

Thanks Paul
I am just finishing off the drawings and spec, am I best to send them through to [email protected]

Cheers Peter

Hi pete

I don't have a press, but its easy for me to get it done as we have HPL boards supplied in all the time, perfectly reliable unlike using spray adhesive.

I have 2 Format 4 HO8's CNC's and a Very good Felder edgebander

If I can help I Will

Get in touch [email protected]

All the best

Mark

Mark-numbers":3iu5ba3g said:
Hi pete

I don't have a press, but its easy for me to get it done as we have HPL boards supplied in all the time, perfectly reliable unlike using spray adhesive.

I have 2 Format 4 HO8's CNC's and a Very good Felder edgebander

If I can help I Will

Get in touch [email protected]

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark

I will send you the drawings to price up when completed, cheers Peter

Latest posts

Back