High grade Birch Ply supply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJB Temple

Finely figured
Reaction score
My previous source for this has ceased.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable supplier of high quality Birch Ply supply in Kent who delivers. I am looking for B face / BB reverse and also some BB/BB, all interior bonded. Preferably 1220 by 2440 sheets. 18mm.

This is for making high quality kitchen cabinets and associated work.

I have a Travis Perkins account and they supply BB, but not in my area. Kent Timber supply BB/BB but I have no experience of using them.

I have used Fulham Timber, but not for ply. Bit pricier then most, but the stuff I did buy was good quality. Their website is good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if Wenban Smith deliver as far as you but that’s who I always use. They have branches in Lewes, Worthing and Horsham.

Thanks guys. Yes, I am aware of James Latham, but I believe they have no Kent depots - the nearest is over the river in Essex. I will have to ring round. AJ

I got some from this company. Mind you it was 3 years ago. Really good quality B/BB. They are in Derbyshire but they were happy to deliver 7 x 1220x2440 to me in South West London. Mind you, they also cut it to a cutting list. I see their website is now all about kitchens, but they might be worth a call. They were very helpful to me.

http://www.cutplywood.co.uk/

Thanks. Their website makes no mention of supply of sheet goods. They seem to be in the selling cabinets and worktops business, but it can't hurt to call them. Quality of their work looks good I must say.

I can't believe how difficult it is to find a local supplier of B/BB. Maybe birch ply is just too expensive nowadays and everyone uses faced MDF or other engineered board.

SL Hardwoods in Croydon have B/BB on their website and UK delivery.

Thanks Sammy. The snag with that is that it is not birch. This is Far Eastern ply. Hence the price and the fact that they don't tell you what the surface veneer or cores are made of.

Are Meyer not able to deliver or is the stuff they have not suitable (it's listed as gabon hardwood throughout and of furniture grade b/bb?

Back