hi to all !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood yew believe it !

Established Member
Reaction score
just found the forum, hi everyone! will post some pics, but spam might chuck them out untill better known lol am newby here and to turning bout 18
mnths self taught so all advice welcome! here goes.....

woodturningandstuff096.jpg

woodturningandstuff051.jpg

woodturningandstuff057.jpg

Hello and welcome :D

Need more info though - always like to know what timber (guessing zebrano,wych elm and mahogany ?) and some idea of scale,as it is often difficult to tell (especially when you see some of the miniatures some people on here make :wink: )

Andrew (also been turning about eighteen months or so,and largely self-taught - also read some good books,and had excellent help and advice on this forum :D )

Welcome Wood Yew.
Some very nice pieces to start off with. :)
I'm still learning like some others on here too,so all input will be welcome i'm sure. :wink:
Paul.J.

correct apart from the middle piece, was sapele, the zebrano bowl is about 18cm across and 4.5cm deep, sapele about 12.5 by 7cm( the base is cherry as i screwed it up and had to think of a repair and that was it) and the mahogany is 18 by 8 cm.
p.s. thanks for the welcome by all so far, i have fotos of other stuff ive done too, if people wanna see it

Welcome woodyoubel...

Pix are always good but.... a little smaller please 'cos I'm a lazy *** and it's hard work scrolling across the page to read the writing :lol:

WOODYEWB....WROTE
i have fotos of other stuff ive done too, if people wanna see it
Sure do.They will give the rest of us some ideas,hopefuly :wink:
Paul.J.

wood yew believe it !":3lg9d2p5 said:
just found the forum, hi everyone! will post some pics,

I'm no talented photographer (more knowledge than talent...), but I would recommend turning your flash off to avoid glare. You may then need a tripod (always helpful in any case).

BugBear

Some more nice pieces their WYBI.
Starting to get beyond my little bit of talent :(
Like the Ash bowl.How did you repair it :?:
Paul.J.

all i did to repair the ash bowl was to open the splits with the band saw(carefully) then drill out a series of holes, thread through some old suade leather nicked off an old jacket, and thats about it, realy didnt want to chuck it in the burn bin and that was about the best i could come up with. Im sure theres some brain boxes out there will give me some better ideas
though?.........please! :?

and yes, am gonna try and do fotos a bit different as i know their not the best, dont have light box or nuffink, gonna drag the missus into that 1 as she a brainy pipper and will come up with sumfink!! :?

Back