Hi new to here and looking for advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbrown61

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new bandsaw, I am torn between 2 bandsaws the axminster awhbs250n or the
Fox-F28-186-Bandsaw

if anyone has any experience of any of these if there any bad surprises I might be letting myself in for I previously had a ferm bandsaw and I was decidedly unimpressed with it could not do a straight cut no matter how I tried no matter what width of blade I used

I'm afraid I can't help you with your choice of BS, but I can advise you, as will many others on here, to fit a blade from Ian at Tuffsaws. It really does make the world of difference for very little cost.
S

I've got the axminster 450n (this year) and it has cut perfectly for me with a Tuff fine cut blade.

If you can go the larger model to the 250 you will benefit it the long run.

Ask them for a discount, tell them Devonwoody recommends the model and perhaps they will help you along a bit. :wink:

I would opt for the Axminster

The customer service is spot on

delivery is good and the product is normally good as well ,

any problems are sorted promptly :wink:

Hi i bought the AWHBS250N nearly a year ago and i would advise you to spend a little more and go for the AWHBS310N.The fence is not square to the table and the sliding mitre fence is slack in it runner which causes it to move.I can get the table at 90 degrees to the side of the blade but the table is not true and is a fair bit off from being 90 degrees to the front face of the blade,the tilting table adjustment is also very light and broke on the first tighten however it does handle the oak i put through it not so bad but i finish it off through my thicknesser it also has a very quiet motor and was very simple to assemble.

I actually sent a reply about it but not heard anything yet it would be nice as its not too far from me I am bordering on humberside, but after the last post I have concerns I would like to try it for myself, I cant afford the bigger one and not sure how much more space it takes up but I am pretty limited at the minute.

jimbrown61":1n7l568t said:
I actually sent a reply about it but not heard anything yet it would be nice as its not too far from me I am bordering on humberside, but after the last post I have concerns I would like to try it for myself, I cant afford the bigger one and not sure how much more space it takes up but I am pretty limited at the minute.

Jim, make another post and you'll be able to receive PM messages or PM again and send your email address.

Noel":23pbd0s4 said:
jimbrown61":23pbd0s4 said:

Jim, make another post and you'll be able to receive PM messages or PM again and send your email address.

Too late couldn't wait lol , just impatient ordered from axminster now it is supposed to have been upgraded this year so hopefully they have ironed out all the faults now

Latest posts

Back