Hi from Hull England

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko264

Reaction score
Hi all as you my have guessed I’m new here my name is Graham I have been reading lots of your fantastic posts
In the next few months I am retiring 66 and one of the things I want to do is build a summer house with all the bells and whistles 👍😎
I have used power tools from leaving school I am a vehicle body builder by trade
but a am very sure I will be asking lots and lots of questions as I go along with different projects
Thank-you Graham

Hello and welcome :) , Just up the road from you (y)Enjoy your retirement when it comes round and please post pics of your build , loads of help and advice to be found on here,check out the post by Mike G on how to build a shed ,very informative and i wish I had some of that info when i was building mine .

Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum.

I live in Cottingham and am secretary of East Yorkshire Woodturners. We meet at Skidby Village Hall on the second Tuesday at 7pm each month, and have a programme of professional turners. If you develop an interest in woodturning, you'd be most welcome to attend. The Club website is at this link, where you can find the programme:

East Yorkshire Woodturners – East Yorkshire Woodturners started in 1997 and aims to promote the art and craft of woodturning and relate subjects. Monthly meets held in Skidbyweekly.

There are also three local 'Men In Sheds' - two in Hull and one at Woodmansey Garden Centre on the road to Beverley. I'm not involved with any of them, but they can be useful if you don't have a well-equipped home workshop. There location and contact details are:

1) 786 Beverley Road, Hull HU6 7EY · 01482 803700
meninshedshull.org

2) 101 Greenwood Avenue, Hull HU6 9NX · 01482 803940
meninshedshull.org

3) Beverley:

[email protected]
07552 470409

Oldroyd’s Corner,
Woodmansey Garden Centre,
HU17 0RS

Hope that might be of interest.

Enjoy your retirement. (I have - I've been retired 28 years and still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up!). Happy days! :cool:

Hi Yorkieguy
Thankyou for the invite I know skidby well I was brought up in Little Weighton
and spent a lot of time in the half moon pub as a youngster
I have used metal lathes but never wood
I live at Anlaby common so not far from you
Graham

Hi,

Looking at where you are all based, any tips on wood supplies in the area? I'm in Pontefract but find myself gravitating more to York/Hull instead of Leeds.

Just starting out so be gentle....

Thanks

Back