Hi from a newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi every one
I am a total novice and after years of working with metal i have now gone to wood easier to work with for a change . I have a router mitre saw . Electric plane and i have started on a router table . But my question is has anyone mounted a hand circular saw under a table

Many moons ago, Elu used to make a cast aluminium table with four splayed steel legs for just that purpose. The saw was clamped upside down by four machine screws and the table had a small fence (secured by a wingnut). It was a real pain to use, mostly because the saw switches had a safety lock which had to be jury-rigged - flippin' dangerous setup altogether IMO. :evil:

I don't doubt that it could be achieved with a bit more safety in mind, but don't forget that the rip fence would need to be absolutely right in order to avoid kickback. :eek:

Ray.

I think personally you would be better off and safer buying even a cheap table saw which will have all the saftey features built in ie NVR switch, guards etc, you really don't want to be on the wrong end of an angry circular saw!.... :cry:

'elo Widget... welcome aboard... ya don't have t be nutz t chat here but by God it helps ;)

now then... under-mounted saw.. To be honest it's been 30 years since I last saw that... not exactly the safest rig I ever saw...

Hi Widget

Welcome to the forum.

There are products around that will do what you want, but as seaco said you would be better off with a cheap tablesaw.

Once of the products I can think of is, iirc, called the easi-way. I think you can also do the same with the Triton table.

Cheers
Neil

Of course, Festool do the whole undermounted thing....
But for that money, just buy a dedicated table saw!

Welcome to the forum Widget.
Can I ask why you want to undermount? Unless it's a specifically designed setup, it has the potential to be lethal. Budget table saws are so cheap these days, and can be adequate for many tasks.

Triton do a great bit of kit called the Workcentre 2000for this application of a circular saw. I am sure that there are other users of it on the forum.
Regards
martin

Hi from a newbie too.

Hey all, this is my first post here. I'm from Brasil and I'm very impressed with this community.

I belong to the woodworks group that love tools and does not have the skills to built a simple chair... But I'm learning...

About Widget's question, we have in our forum here a very smart guy from Makita and he recomends that a portable circular saw to work up side down must be equal or biger than 9¼" because the properties of berings and dust insulation.

As far as protection and anti-kickback, we have a frind that is trying to get the Makita 2703 dust cover assembly complet with the separator:

This is the tool
2703g.jpg

This is the dust cover assy.
parts2.jpg

The parts list is this and the itens to look for are from number 7 to 12

parts3.jpg

If you can get this parts and follow the " 9¼" " advice, you have at least a mediun safe level tool.

Best for all

Ari

Thanks for the replys guys i will look into the table saw sounds a better option . I had this new one bought for me so i thought i would try to use it as said table saw
thanx again

Metal detecting is my hobby that is the reason for this i built a show case for some of my better finds . And when the other guys saw it they wanted one so now i have orders coming in from 10 by 8 inch upto 3ft by 2 ft so i decided to sort my shed out and do them . i tried to put a pic on but cant find the upload link on here[/img]

Yes sorry missed you in all the questions about the saw!

Welcome to the "mad house" Ari... :)

Hey Guys!

Thanks for your kind welcome!! I can see I will stick in this place...

Best

Ari

Latest posts

Back