Hi all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatcho

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a specific 'introductary' thread so hope I don't annoy anyone by introducing myself in the General Forum.

My name's tatcho (not my real name obvs) and I've been lurking on the site for about 4 of 5 months and finally decided (after much derision from my girlfriend) to take the plunge and sign up. This site is such a useful place to get help. learn new techniques, get advice on kit that it's pretty much become my first port of call for anything woody!

I've been interested in woodwork and cabinet making for a while now and did a basic (hand tools only) course in Bethnal Green last year. I've gone on to purchase some basic power tools since then (router, biscuit joiner) and am still weighing up my first table saw purchase.

My first project was a wooden stool from the John Bullar introduction to woodworking book (a constant reference point), I'm now moving onto a bedside cabinet. Should be fun!

Welcome...it's mandatory here :-" :lol: to post pics of stuff you've done or you're liable to be accused of not making stuff, in other words... no pics or it didn't happen - Rob

Hello and welcome!

You have definitely come to the right place....so no need to worry.

Use the site to choose the best of everything woody...there are tons of threads about almost everything...except girlfriends :mrgreen: :wink:

We'll leave you to sort that one out! :mrgreen:

Jim

As an ex Bethnal Green boy, Hi, and welcome. This really is the place to learn and make shed loads of friends. Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Frank.

Back