Hi All - Yes still here!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I ought to comment having received several PMs recently asking if I was ok etc as have been very quiet of late.

Well firstly thanks for all who showed concern at my absence - To be honest the last couple of months or so havn't been great, being my own worst enemy took on rather too much work to do single handed and as a result have been overdoing it some what and it came back and bit me! :( :(

I was diagnosed with a congenital heart disorder about 4 years ago and whilst all seemed OK my excesses of late have triggered it off again and its been a real buttocks to get back under control but hey ho after numerous doctor/hospital visits etc it looks like I am back to where I should be. Suffering black outs and dizzy spells are not ideal when working in a machinery orientated environment on your own!! :shock:

Anyway - all seems ok now and the main thing is once more I have learnt my lesson (well until the next time) :mrgreen:

Signing off - and back in the fold so to speak!

Rog

Paul Chapman":2kq2zkzt said:
Pace yourself, Roger :) Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Cheers :wink:

Paul
I totally agree with Paul, but....when you're a self-employed maker with professional commitments and a family, it's a very difficult balancing act to get right. None the less Rog, I think it's one you do need to get right - Rob

Got to admit Roger I did wonder if everything was ok. I did warn you about that in one of your last posts. (I remembered what you had said about your condition when you warned me) Glad to hear your back to normal mate. I do know how difficult it is to take it easy when you have busy work schedules.

Thanks for your replies - got the all clear to go back to normal hours but yes I have learnt my lesson - going to take it alot easier from here on in!

Glad to hear you've recovered Rog. No1 child (23-year-old) has SVT, so we whole-heartedly(!) understand what you haven't spelt out. Take care mon ami. Sam

Rog

Very sorry to hear that you have been unwell and wish you a speedy recovery. Please do take good care of your self as without your health where would any of us be?

Huge relief you're OK, Rog,

I share your frustrations with the illness - mine is quite unconnected, but probably equally infuriating.

Take it carefully, and enjoy every moment with that budding expert you're bringing along! Mine are fleeing the nest now, and sadly I realise now (too late!) how unimportant the overtime was, in comparison to time spent on family things.

E.

Many of us do not realise that working self employed produces the hardest and most demanding boss of all.

Tell the boss ....................................

Best wishes

Roger, I missed the earlier threads so I didn't know about this but I'm glad that things are returning to normal, I was a one man band once, many years ago, and I know it's all too easy to push yourself too far, take a step back and look at life calmly.

Thanks for all your comments folks - don't worry the WIPs will be starting again soon - Watch this space!!

Back