Hexagonal nylon bar/rod supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremmy

смерть шпионам
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I'd like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of a supplier they know who can supply 1"or 25mm hexagonal bar/rod in shorter lengths. I need roughly 400mm in length to make some obscure nuts.
I have searched Ebay high and low, and sent off enquiry forms and emails to the top hits on google. I'd assume that because I'm after such a small amount, no one is interested.

If anyone know of a supplier that perhaps isn't so prominent online, It'd be much appreciated for the info.

Kind regards

Sam.

You could well be onto something here Myfordman, that might be an option.

I need 5/8th BSW left hand thread in Nylon which clearly don’t exist, so I thought I could buy some M16 left hand thread nuts in nylon.. but that was also an outrageous thought by me.. didn’t pursue that Avenue much further.
“Ah I’ll just make some”
Can’t even find hex rod, didn’t realise what I was getting myself into here. Next I’ll be buying a mill 😜

I’ll get creative and figure something out.

Best

S.

Ensinger plastics maybe.
You can buy hexagonal rod in nylon but for small quantities you’d just use round and cut the flats on. Remember you only need two

Do your nuts have to be hexagonal, could you not just use square nuts as then it may be easier to get the material. Another possible option if you could accept steel nuts is to look at commercial vehicle wheel nuts, they use left handed on one side. I use ACCU for many fasteners and they do list a 16mm left hand thread in A2 or A4 stainless

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/left-hand...jYqvK8esfnd_W8hZeGEWV23E1G9ATyooaAqmPEALw_wcB

Melt milk containers pour into pre made mould tap correct thread.

Childhood memories... :LOL:

BP.jpg

Back