Hermes gone to the dogs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Hermes used to be spot on reliable and also cheapest but seem to struggling, at least with my last two ebay purchases.
Anybody else noticed this or am I just unlucky?

Hermes used to be spot on reliable and also cheapest but seem to struggling, at least with my last two ebay purchases.

They may be struggling at the moment for drivers to cover our area.
We only live a few miles away from you and have noticed the same problem.

If the seller used packlink on eBay that could be the problem. With a few items Ive had from eBay the packlink system guessed the weight and charged on that basis. One item was then returned to the seller who had to re-send it through Hermes directly, another took three weeks to arrive

You must have been lucky, in my experience MyHerpies have been utterly useless for a long time. They are pretty much the only carrier I've had deliver stuff late and damaged (and it happens regularly). I've had parcels dumped in recycling bins (we have a specific safe place clearly stated on all orders and it's only Herpies that don't use it...), smashed in, lost internally for weeks, etc.

Once won a film camera off Ebay, one of the old Minoltas machined from solid aluminium. It arrived in three pieces...

I have a palpable sense of dread every time I find that a shop/merchant/ebayer/etc. is shipping my parcel by them, utterly useless!

It turned up just after I finished typing! Still late but not too bad.

It's sad but I always avoid buying from anyone that uses Hermes, ive never had good service, I once used them to send a parcel and despite me wrapping the item in bubble wrap, boxing it up and then wrapping that box and putting in another box, the item arrived looking like it had been used for England's football practice and in several pieces, took almost 6 months to get any money back from them too while I had to refund the guy who bought the item.

It's the delivery drivers who make or break a low cost parcel service.
Our Hermes guy is great, but if you have a bad one, you need to tell the seller and make your purchase conditional on them using a different shipping service.
No seller wants to ship a parcel expecting it to get trashed in transit and have to bear the loss or claim for it.
I've been asked by others to not to use certain carriers when shipping to them. I tend to do the same myself if I suspect that something might be sent to me by parcelfarce (my own pet hate).
I did smile just a little when one carrier posted a "delivery attempted + failed" message in the tracking when I'd watched the progress of their vehicle all day and seen them turn back to the depot when they were still 20 miles away.

Yes, nosedived. I won't use them to send anything and stomach sinks when I learn my seller has despatched my item through them. And if you look at the list of things that aren't covered it's a wonder how anyone sends anything at all.

I ordered from a company who used Hermes to deliver, 5 days later and several phone calls they decided the item was probably lost but could not do anything until they had imvestigated. I just cancelled and ordered from a company I have used many times as they now had the item in stock, ordered at 1:45Pm and delivered by DPD next day at 12:15.

Yodel was another disaster, there attitude was just go and f---ing yodel for it.

With Hermes you could always try and buy you goods once they sell them,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ght-auction-houses-three-four-times-week.html

I lost a 235mm circular saw via Hermes. I was annoyed to have sold it to buy a cheap table saw😭😭😭 and then more annoyed when hemies lost it and I had to refund the buyer!😭😭😭

Cheers James

DPD are the pits, they have damaged multiple items of mine, most reliable seems to be parcel force and hermes around here at least, hermes can take a long time but I've (so far) recieved nothing damaged nor posted anything that arrived damaged.

My delivery from them has been ‘delayed due to a major event’ for a week now. No updates since Wednesday. Awful.

My heart sank when I heard my eBay auction win was coming via Hermes. Sure enough, the tracking stalled at their National Hub and the sender ended up making a claim........

It seems to be a postcode lottery. I moved house recently. At the old place, whole thirteen years I was there, I experienced a catalogue of lost and/or damaged deliveries, both as a sender and as a receiver. Predominantly Hermes but Royal Mail was no better. Even the removal company have managed to lose a number of items.

Between replacing lost items and obtaining things the new place needed, I've had a fair few deliveries, many of them via Hermes. I do have to say that here, I receive emails at each stage, the penultimate one giving a delivery window and every single one of them has happened without issue. Probably cursed it now.

Latest posts

Back