Hermes deliveries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought something (a small item) the other day from ebay and got an automated email later that evening saying it was on it's way.

Saw the word Hermes and went "oh poo!". Never had a positive experience in the past.

I send out all my stuff via Hermes and I've not had an issue with them yet *copiously touches wood*. I can get a 1180mm x 200mm x 50mm parcel up to the Highlands for £6.20 on a 2/3 day service which I think is pretty flippin' good. Keeps my customers happy and there's a nifty app that let's you book it in and print off the label in the drop off shop.

With courriers, there's always going to be a million bad things said about every single one of them because different folk have had different experiences. It's ultimately a exercise in trust when you use their service, either sending or receiving because you've invested your own money or your own time, and so when something goes wrong, it stings that bit more personally.

Never have a problem with Amazon or Nespresso, if they can do it why can't the others? rhetorical question.

Is anyone having problems with Hermes? Or perhaps I should say more than usual problems?

They have some kind of a deal with ebay where they appear to be almost the default carrier for private sellers. I have won three auctions recently where they have been selected by the seller and each one has taken over a week to arrive.

Amazon often deliver in less than a day, Royal Mail often next day. What the **** is wrong with this bunch of cowboys?

Here's a screenshot of the latest purchase tracking info. The seller is in Nottingham, I'm in Bournemouth. It's a small, light package. The Hermes national sorting hub appears to be a black hole.

View attachment 95227
I had similar with a printer I sent which was doing the 'in-&-out' of the hub etc.. An angry call from me got it sorted & delivered within 2 days. I didn't wrap the maker's box & suspect some low-life was trying to nick it - that's my thought anyhow. Other times they've been OK ( apart from leaving one parcel on a doorstep in full view).

Back