Herkules

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowgum

Reaction score
Firstly Hello all,
I hope it's ok if my first post is a question. I am new to woodworking and have been offered a workbench locally, apparently German by a company called Herkules, model 359. I've trawled the net and cant find anything. the owner doesn't know anything either! Any info would be very helpful. They did say it weighed about 100kg!
Bw
Matthew

Matthew,

Firstly welcome.

What are you wanting to know about the bench? It could be one of these research tasks that takes forever, and then you find out little more than you already knew. Your best bet would be to go and see it- it it is sturdy, and resists side to side movement when you give it a firm shove from an end, you are off to a good start. Mass is good, even if it is a pain to first transport it. Check that vices work, or knock some money off if they do not- they should be easy enough to either repair or replace.

HTH
Mark

Ebay is as good as anywhere to get a comparative price- new prices will be surprisingly high, and it would be easier to see the bench before you look for comparisons.

Thanks Mark,
Sound advice. I guess what I was hoping was that someone might know the make and reputation. I managed to find the website after much searching, under Herkules Deutschland! On the web they look solid, and of very traditional design (which I'd like). Tomorrow I'll go and takes look.
Matthew

Back