Here we go again - I'm getting a bit fed up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheffield Tony":3r5qp1hf said:
Sorry to hear this.

Whilst on the subject, it may be obvious to everyone here, but it's worth making sure you don't keep keys etc where they are accessible by "letterbox fishing". I moved our key hooks after seeing it done on a TV show.

I left my keys on a shelf by the front door once then closed the door behind me on the way out. I had to jump over the back fence, get a length of wicker or bamboo or something that I'd bought for my tomato plants and try to fish the keys out through the letterbox.

Two unsavoury looking blokes walked past while we were doing it, both with cans of special brew in their hands. One volunteered to do it for us, so we let him, and he had the keys in our hands in under five seconds. We'd been trying to hook them for twenty minutes.

Every cloud and all that.

The insurance company have paid out.

I'd been thinking of changing my car for years, but as my old one just kept going and going, and I don't drive much anyway, and now mum's gone it will be even less, it just seemed like spending a great deal of money for no greater facility. But when I did go and look, I was being offered £100, and in one case just £60, in PX. Given that I had a £200 excess on my policy, I was not expecting anything at all.

So it was with some astonishment that I accepted their initial of..., well, shall we just say more. A lot more. Many times more than its PX valuation.

The milky bars are on me.

Seems like the universe got tired of watching you drive around in a banger and made you do something about it, then gave you a bonus for all the aggro :)

How's the toms doing?

Steve Maskery":3qwyf1qf said:
I know. But a) I hate arguing and b) it was a good offer. So why not just take the money and run.
To be fair, you could hardly take the money and drive...

...I'll get my hat.

Back