Helpful advice, suggestions, and information sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shultzy,- Yes I do have shetchup here,- BUT find the program so downright boring, and so long-winded, that after about 15 minutes I, of trying to figure out, " How ? " I simply give up and and walk away. Actually have more enjoyment designing my Work Plans by hand on my large desk, than using artificial intelligence which I have to try to train to do what I want, which it won't anyway.
It's OK for some to spend hours sitting in front of a piece of artificial intelligence, ( computer ), but personally I can't stand it, would rather be doing more interesting and enjoyable things. Same applies to playing games, watching movies etc., on computers,- I can't see the point. Don't even own a Mobile Phone, ( cell phone ), either, or other pieces of common electronic hardward, - most useless, boring things ever invented.
When I watch the news, or sport, there's the Tellie to turn on; for music there's the trannie; When I need to design & make a traditional wooden signs for someone, I draw it up actual size by hand, take the paperwork out to my workshop, trace the design onto the timber using carbon paper, then set to work with either the dremel, fitted into a Mini-router base, & an engraving bit, or use my Trend Router with a 6mm. straight bit, both of which I use my own hands and eyesight to guide, which I consider enjoyable, and when completed have the personal satisfaction of knowing that I made it without using an expensive computer-guided CNC machine, or a Computer to design the original project.
Unfortunately many people in today's world cannot see that perspective, therefore consider the computer to be the," easy solution," to every design project that comes along
which to my line of thought, takes away the personal incentive and enjoyment of literally designing, and making it yourself.
Or maybe I am simply old-fashioned, and outdated in today's ultra-modern, " throw-away," society.
For the curious, I do have a vehicle,- a 1990 Ford Australia utility ( pickup ), when its worn out I'll buy another, till then it's good enough for what I need. Before my current one, ( bought used ), the previous Aussie Ute was a 1972 Ford, and the one before that, a 1961 model- which was the first one I bought after leaving school in 1969. The missus has a car,- 1988 Ford. Not a scratch or dent anywhere either, and it's got about 350,000 k's on the clock too !!!

'ave a happy day,
roger

Toydesigner,

It was interesting to read your last message.

It seems that you have answered your own initial question about selling plans and the expensive cost of postage. That is you are going to avoid the use of a computer and any digital means to sell and distribute because you prefer and respect the tactile methods of pen and paper more.

Thats fine as long as you are OK about the limits it places your business under.

best regards and good luck

Al

Back