help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i have just joined this site, i am finding it very interesting, i would like to try my hand at scroll sawing, but dont know where to start, the thing is i have not got a shed or garage, only 2 spare bedrooms, and a room of my kitchen, so was woundering if i should change my hobby choice are not , any help would be great, thought of wood burning but really do fancy scroll sawing, thanks in advance :)

A scroll saw is bound to generate fine sawdust so it's not really a good idea to use one in a room with plush carpets and curtains. However, if you've got a tiled kitchen and a tolerant spouse who would appreciate a few hand-made trivets and coasters... :) . You will probably be limited to using wood which is prepared for you by a retailer (someone like Hobbies of Dereham or a local craft shop) which will be more expensive than the wood many scrollers are able to buy and machine themselves. Oh, and treat yourself to a small hand-drill too, which you'll need for pierced work.

aww thanks woven death for your reply , i have no spouse so can do what i want lol , to bedroom has no curtains just blinds an wooden flooring,,,, might have to start looking a buying a saw

Latest posts

Back