Help !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

Reaction score
I have recently bought a perform ccsl lathe with the intention of turning some small bowls. The lathe came with a centre spigot but am unable to remove it as I want to mount a face plate . There seems to be no way of locking the head, I have purchased a 32mm spanner to facilitate removal of spigot but no joy. I would appreciate any advice thanks

There should be a hole at the outboard end of the headstock where the hand wheel is. It goes right through the headstock shaft. The lathe should have come with a knock out bar, about 200mm with a plastic knob on it. Take the bar and slide it in the hole with your left hand and with a rag or glove on lightly hold the drive spur (centre spigot). Slam the knock out bar back and forth with your left hand and the centre should come out. If it doesn't get another rod you can hit with a hammer, lightly at first with increasing force until the centre pops out. From the picture, when searching, it it is a generic design and almost all work the same way.

Pete

There should be a hole at the outboard end of the headstock where the hand wheel is. It goes right through the headstock shaft. The lathe should have come with a knock out bar, about 200mm with a plastic knob on it. Take the bar and slide it in the hole with your left hand and with a rag or glove on lightly hold the drive spur (centre spigot). Slam the knock out bar back and forth with your left hand and the centre should come out. If it doesn't get another rod you can hit with a hammer, lightly at first with increasing force until the centre pops out. From the picture, when searching, it it is a generic design and almost all work the same way.

Pete
Thanks Pete,just been out to garage and successfully removed centre so am halfway there. Had bought a new faceplate to go on but the thread and bore is too small. I have measured thread on lathe and its approximately 25 mm o/a but have no idea what thread it is, I obviously need this info before I order another faceplate any ideas ?
20210829_152006.jpg

Back