Help with my Record Power RPBS8 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugsie

Reaction score
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't see another that seemed appropriate)

I need some help with my RPBS8 bandsaw. I was changing the blade the other day and I noticed the top wheel was very wobbly even when done up tight. On closer inspection there seems to be a plastic bushing that goes around the mounting bolt into the adjuster body, but it had disintegrated, thus the upper wheel wasn't secure. I have tried contacting Record Power but they don't do spares for machines this old. :cry:

So right now I have a machine that I can't use for want of a tiny plastic part. I know it's a small machine, but I have a tiny workshop (about 8ftx8ft) and it's as big as I can cope with, and it just about does the jobs I use it for.

So, can anyone help me out? Either by having a spare bushing they can sell me, or maybe doing a technical sketch of the part (as I said, my original disintegrated so I have no idea what it should look like) so I could make my own (3D print probably)?

Please?

20200111_131018.jpg

Attachments

• 20200111_131018.jpg
    20200111_131018.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 374
I cant help with the part, but its most likely only plastic for cheapness. a metal bush would be better of you can make one.

Yeah, a metal part would be better, but my metal fabrication skills and facilities are limited at best. Until I know what the part is supposed to look like I have no idea if I can make one at all.

Maybe one or more washers, filed down to fit the recess which the bushing sits in, would do it?

If the bolt is narrower than the slot then model making shops sell brass tubes in 1mm increments which fit inside each other. If you have a 6mm bolt and an 8mm slot you'd need 7 and 8 mm tubes, hacksaw a bit off each.

Of course, the correct part or a metal copy would be better.

If you can take out what’s left and try and work out the size and shape and post a photo/drawing then I’m sure you’ll find a solution here.

I have an old Simat 101 lathe that hasn’t been used in a while may be able to turn something for you.....

Well OBVIOUSLY I could just use a washer. What sort of silly person do you take me for? (Don't answer that, we've only just met and it would be embarrassing for me)

</sarcastic attempt to cover up that fact I didn't try the obvious>

So, um, yeah. I tried a few washers, played around a bit, and it's all working again now. It's not quite perfect, but without knowing what the original looked like exactly it'll do.

Thanks @profchris for pointing me in the obvious direction. :D

RichardG":3eesfg2z said:
If you can take out what’s left and try and work out the size and shape and post a photo/drawing then I’m sure you’ll find a solution here.

I have an old Simat 101 lathe that hasn’t been used in a while may be able to turn something for you.....

Thanks for the offer RichardG, the problem is all I could recover from the original was a plastic ring that went around the head of the bolt. There was obviously a part of it on the back of the ring judging by the fracture marks, but that bit had disintegrated and disappeared into the dark recesses of the workshop when I took it apart. So I have no idea what it should look like.

Hi, new to this group so not 100% sure I'm posting in the correct area. Anyway I have a Record Power RPBS8 bandsaw and have owned it for some years now. However I have lost the user/instruction manual and cannot seem to find a copy on line. Would anyone have a electronic version they could email me with? Much appreciated, thanks Mark

Latest posts

Back