Help with my old Kity 419 saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Help

I have an old Kity419 Saw,,, someone before me lost the rip fence and threaded knob assembly so
I bought a new extension table with a new rip fence along with the front guide rail but it came without the looking handle (Threaded knob PRT NO K502205) I have fitted a temporary locking knob so that the rip fence can be locked into position but each time I tighten the knob ,, it leaves a small round indent mark on the front guide rail that it locks onto (metal against metal) .

I have asked NMA for the part and they have the threaded knob in stock but say its just a handle fixed on a bolt
now am I missing something ,,,,Kity must have something that when you tighten the threaded knob it doesn't mark the front rail??? well I guess they would

What I need is the threaded knob and this damper bit that sits on the end of the threaded bolt

if there is a damper....could someone please tell me what it looks like or maybe take a photo of the locking knob assembly showing the underside..

thanks for any help

Oh---the saws a great little work horse it works a treat, great tool.

thanks

Gary

http://garyd.widdington.googlepages.com/

Here you go;

2990189142_0590b220e0.jpg

Even with this it still marks the rail, but does not dent it which personally I never saw as a problem.

2990191694_593f4e5fe1.jpg

Cheers, Ed

Wow!!!!Thats briliant....

two things....
is that bit on the end made from rubber?
and how is it attatched to the bolt?

thanks again Ed,

Gary

No its not rubber its steel.

Its attached to the threaded stem with a cap screw - the stem must be bored and threaded into the end I think.

Can you not just stick something onto the end of your temporary bolt to cushion it, like a bit of wood, or even a drop of epoxy might do it.

Cheers, Ed

What i made is so similar that i don't think its worth changing
the marks i have on my guide rail are about the same as yours.

i used a plastick handle with a metal bolt,
on one end of the bolt i ground down so it had a kind of nipple end.
i then put a thick metal washer over the nipple end and pinged it over. i also glued a thin rubber washer on but this fell off

Ed,,,, thanks again,,, have a good weekend

Gary

http://garyd.widdington.googlepages.com/

Back