Help with my Evolution Rage 5s and a Magswitch feather board

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manxnorton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'll try and make this quick and not my usual Woffle.
Thought a great help on my table saw is one of them magnetic Magswitch feather boards (with only one hand functioning)
£46 later and the wait was doing my head in...only to find this #-o
No magnetic use on the table of my table saw.
Only metal was the black extenders.
I have emailed Evoloution to see if there's replacements for the table (left of the blade and fence, but no reply.
In my tiny head I can either send it back and get a different option or I thought about thin plate of steel and it clamped on the table, and the Magswitch can operate as its function.
Any help suggestions would be great.
Bri

manxnorton":ss0tslot said:
Hi all,
I'll try and make this quick and not my usual Woffle.
Thought a great help on my table saw is one of them magnetic Magswitch feather boards (with only one hand functioning)
£46 later and the wait was doing my head in...only to find this #-o
No magnetic use on the table of my table saw.
Only metal was the black extenders.
I have emailed Evoloution to see if there's replacements for the table (left of the blade and fence, but no reply.
In my tiny head I can either send it back and get a different option or I thought about thin plate of steel and it clamped on the table, and the Magswitch can operate as its function.
Any help suggestions would be great.
Bri
Yeah, they are designed for tablesaws/bandsaws with cast iron tops. Magnetics are not attracted to plastic and alloys :)

Make or buy a normal feather board that fits into the mitre slots.

Hi Bri - agreed with both comments above - if you have a mitre channel running parallel to the blade then use or get hold of the same dimension bar that fits your channel & attach a steel plate to the bar then make sure it will lock and not slide or lift up (Important it is fixed firmly if you are putting pressure on it) then you can use the mag board you have bought.
Or just send the mag board back and explain it was bought in error - your call really.
Cheers

Just viewed on crome.
mine is the basic one.
TYvEZqT.jpg

nmclcP2.jpg

soooooooooooooooooooo...without getting a rail ( great idea =D> ) but it may better #-o
Picking up 1mm steel plate on Monday.
thought about this :?:
J7VYWDS.jpg

plate in buts needs secured...
then :!: found the crappy cross cut thingy..hmmmmmmm knew your idea would dawn on me eventually.
PCMrxFO.jpg

As I don't use this (made my own cross cut sled) using the first orange knob to secure, and theres two already two holes threaded.
them fashion a plate etc on Monday.
in the mean time, see if yous have any problem with this and suggestions?
Ok as said, send it back buy a cheaper one, but I've got my heels on this! (well one heel anyways! one leg joke #-o )
CQZmWmm.jpg

Bri

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp can anyone help I wan to change that link...cant find how to edit it?? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bri

Back