help with keg router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arron

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, looking for advice please....

after building my workshop i purchased a lot of tools from Ben (from this forum) part of the deal was a makita 2301 & 1801, kreg router table and a kreg router lift.

Ben ordered the lift from the states unaware that the makitas didn't fit so its new and unused.

i would like to find a router that fits the lift seeing as its a really well made bit of kit but i am coming to a dead end with my searches, the porter cable etc that kreg list as suitable are all 120v only and i don't really want a transfer (plus they are crazy expensive with shipping and fees)

my other option is to sell the lift which would be a shame #-o

can anyone offer some advice please?

arron

I believe the triton routers are compatible - I have the kreg insert which is pre-drilled for both triton and porter cable routers

MattRoberts":n9hvhn28 said:
I believe the triton routers are compatible - I have the kreg insert which is pre-drilled for both triton and porter cable routers

Thanks for the reply Matt, I have seen the inserts are comparable with the tritons but can find if the tritons will fit the precision lift?

Oh sorry - I see now that the lift takes cylindrical routers, and you're right, looks like it's fairly specific to porter cable. Can you measure the cylinder opening? I have the dewalt router, so can measure that for you to see if it matches?

There are a number of CNC spindles on ebay that are a simple cylinders. 80,100 and 110mm diameter ring a bell.
I've been meaning to fit one into my router table for a while now. ER collet based which is an excellent holding system widely used in engineering circles and electronic control of spindle speed too. Make sure you get an air cooled one as some can be water cooled which is an unnecessary complication for light use.

Latest posts

Back