Help with hinges please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody Can anybody tell me if if there are any concealed cabinet door hinges that I can use with a face frame. I Plan on just buying new base cabinets putting a timber frame on the outside and making the door to go inside the frame not like a conventional one. Is it possible to use the original ones or are there ones designed for this purpose?

Thanks in advance Phil.

If you want concealed hinges, which is the type I would recommend, then you want hinges designed for inset doors. Then you need a spacer whuich will bring the surface to which you are mounting the carcase part of the hinge level with the door opening, so obviously the thckness of the spacer will depend on how much the face frame overlaps the carcase
John

Phil,

I've made a few cabinets this way, and it works quite well albeit a bit fiddly. You can get standard cranked hinges (concealed) from most of the kitchen hardware suppliers. If you follow this link and then select the link to the pdf page you will be able to see the Hafele data sheet showing examples of use.

http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/...176;+standard+hinges,+slide+on+arm,+35+mm+cup

Regards

David

Sorry, it looks like you have to enter the catalogue as a guest and then select

Furniture fixings > Hinges and stays
Hinges
Concealed, taking plate
Standard Hinges
110 standard hinges, slide on arm, 35mm cup

and then select

Links: pdf page

Good luck!

Latest posts