Help with dimensions of Harrison Union Graduate belt adjuster please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman_k

Reaction score
I'm in the process of bringing my Harrison Union Graduate back to life after it has stood idle for decades.
I've now got the motor running (the centrifugal switch was sticking) and freed off the cross slide (It has the rare metal turning attachment) and am now turning my attention to the drive belt adjustment.
The piece marked No. 46 in the attached drawing has been missing ever since I bought the lathe from the research laboratory where I worked until it closed in 1988.
I intend to manufacture a new piece and have the necessary 5/16 BSF LH and RH taps to make it but don't have the dimensions. I guess the diameter doesn't matter too much but I'd at least like to know the length of the original item. If anyone who has one of these lathes would be kind enough to measure (and possibly photograph) the component I'd appreciate it very much. I'm also looking to buy an inboard faceplate or faceplates if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks!

adjuster2.jpg

Rocketman, I wonder if you would be able to show us any photos of the rare metal turning attachment? I am curious if it is the same as the one supplied with the Union Jubilee. I have been looking out for one but given up trying to find one.

The threaded adjuster is sometimes made from hex bar, so a spanner can be used on it, if it gets stuck.

Hi, sure, I'll take some photos in my lunch break and put them here. Thanks for the tip about Hex bar, I made a brass one last night with a couple of holes for a tommy bar . I think I've got a short length of hex bar somewhere so may give that a try too.

Here are a few pictures of the metal turning attachment, let me know if you need any closeups or measurements.
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image5.jpg
Image7.jpg

Back