Help with Axminster CCBB blade guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanC

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I just inherited an old bandsaw and am loving it, it's an Axminster CCBB and though it works there are bits that are bodged together that I'd like to replace, even if that meant "upgrading" the part because a straight replacement isn't available.

Specifically the upper blade guide needs replacement because the clamps that hold the blade guide bearings either side of the blade have snapped. I suspect the former owner over tightened them and when I released the pressure they just fell into two halves!

Does anyone know of blade guides that fit this model? Or can recommend some that relatively easy to adapt? I know this is an old bandsaw but it works and my wallet (and wife) would like me to get some more life out of it :)

Thanks for any advice at all.

Hello,

Make a few more posts and then you can put up some pictures of your saw. It would help if we can see your particular saw so suggestions can be made. I'm not familiar with your saw and I suspect few others will be, but photos will help, bandsaws are fairly simple machines.

Axminster might be able to help, give them a call. They sell at least 3 sets of bandsaw guides and will likely know if any fit your saw.

Mike.

Back