Help wanted with earring stand.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
My beloved granddaughter wants a stand that opens like a book with the earrings held on straight bars. I can fiddle with a design and learn by my mistakes,but time is short as I would like to do this for her birthday.So, does anybody have a plan for one of these, please ? All help will be gratefully received.
Frank.

I am struggling to find a good image online. Are you thinking of something similar to this http://www.mileskimball.com/buy-earring-holder-311615 but nice and in wood?

How much time do you have, and (with respect) what is your skill level? What tools do you have available? There are numerous options you could go with, so if you can give an idea of what you want then i am sure the forum can help.

Macros,
skill level very good, well set up workshop. The link in Zed`s answer shows just what I want. Time limit, three weeks.
f.

Sorry mate, can't help there. I just googled earring stand and trawled through a couple of pages of images.
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out a cut list etc though - I'm sure you're up to it.
Good luck

Thanks Zed,the brain is starting to work already,just needed a kick in the cerebral cortex.
F

bags of time then!

I cant help with a plan, but the one that zed linked to looks to be quite simple and screwwed together- I would modify it slightly and make a simple mitred box, rebated top and bottom to take the lid (and base), then sliced off at 1/4 and 3/4". I would probably put spline keys in for strength. A nice lining will transform the piece- a nice bit of pigskin would be my choice (since I have some), but anything soft and luxurious would do.

You could rebate in the "shelves" from behind before gluing in the base. Finally, mount the whole thing on a base slightly wider than the closed box. The shelves seem to be notched thin strips.

Size wise, a guess, but i would mock something up in cereal box and tape, guessing around about 200mm tall, 120mm deep and 120mm wide, as you look at the finished article. you can adjust it when you see it.

ok, that one is actually Two Door Earring Holder
12 1/2"H X 9"D X 4"W

Back