Help wanted please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
My grandson has been overenthusiastic screwing the cap back on his Jr. Gent pen and has stripped the thread in the cap.
I don`t seem able to get any spares. So any help will be very much appreciated, thanks.

You could try putting a turn or two of plumbers jointing tape (very thin plastic - can't remember what it is called) inside the cap and if there is enough thread left, it will work. I've done that for a favourite pen and it has been OK for about four years.

Hi Frank

Ask the question on this forum and you will probably get advice or if lucky there might even be someone with spares. Problem with the JR Gent is that there are several sources not always compatible.
http://www.penturners.co.uk/
Bob

Have to agree with Bob above there are so many suppliers of the JR gents pens many using different names that not all will have the same thread and yes I have looked for one myself luckily I found one many moons ago sorry but can't remember where.
Also as he recomended try a dedicated pen turners forum which he linked to

heronviewer":2g1qbsfe said:
You could try putting a turn or two of plumbers jointing tape (very thin plastic - can't remember what it is called) inside the cap and if there is enough thread left, it will work. I've done that for a favourite pen and it has been OK for about four years.
PTFE tape.

Back