Help user Slate1234

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my neighbours had her car nicked off her drive a few weeks ago.
Got up Saturday morning, drew the curtains, and gone overnight.
Locked, and alarmed. Suzuki jeep-type thing. Not worth a fortune, granted, but it was hers, and her only form of personal transport.
Informed the boys in blue, who logged the details. No visit, but frankly "no point".
The following day, she got a phone call from Plod.
They asked her if she'd found anything out!
No?

No visit. No phone call.
The End.
,,similar story here, but I got back within 60 minutes of the theft, and was told to get off of 999 and ring the normal number because vehicle theft is not considered an emergency,, I waited in a phone queue for 45 mins to receive a crime number,,,

I'm not an apologist for the police, but when I think of the range and sophistication of crimes they have to cover, many of which didn't exist 20 years ago, it's amazing they can solve any at all. Add to that the level of proof they need to provide to bring a successful prosecution and you can see how under-resourced they are.

We just have to accept that for things like theft we have to take steps ourselves to prevent it and carry insurance for when they fail.

Re , My daughters car , I am 99% sure I know how it was stolen , The car was due it's first MOT , she was contacted by the main dealers and took the car in for a service and MOT, Collected the car and all was good.
Move on a week , Daughter comes home from work , Parks outside the house , Three hours later decides to go out , Car gone , No noise heard , No glass on the floor , Just driven away ,
Now what do you make of that ?
I recon a bent mechanic at the dealers had a key cloned , They had everything they needed
The car
The key
The chassis number
And the address of the owner
The police kept telling my daughter to contact the insurance company , Only thing they said was

" A lot of cars are stoled in this area "

Not trying to start any arguments here but when my wifes car was stolen a neighbor saw them leaving and called the police. The car was spotted and chased the police man was on his own but when they crashed and took off over the fields he set off after them nearly caught one - got his shoe as he went over a fence. Takes guts to try to run down 3 people in the dark across fields when all your armed with is a radio. The lad was caught walking down a road near here with only one shoe on.

Long story short I think they stole several cars that night, I found a lot of stuff that was not ours thrown out of the other cars window as it went through the village.

one was fined £50
one £25
the other went back to prison for the rest of a 2.5 year sentence.

Hold the A-hole from victim support I'd prefer it if car theft was legalized, if they had to pay income tax it would cost them more.

Don't know how the police keep any kind of moral when sentencing is like this.

and if it bleeds remove the other one,,
Disagree. I think nail one hand to the bar in the pub nearest the site that the tools were nicked from. Put a sign around their neck and leave the other hand free to buy drinks all round. What happens when their money runs out - not my problem

Not trying to start any arguments here but when my wifes car was stolen a neighbor saw them leaving and called the police. The car was spotted and chased the police man was on his own but when they crashed and took off over the fields he set off after them nearly caught one - got his shoe as he went over a fence. Takes guts to try to run down 3 people in the dark across fields when all your armed with is a radio. The lad was caught walking down a road near here with only one shoe on.

Long story short I think they stole several cars that night, I found a lot of stuff that was not ours thrown out of the other cars window as it went through the village.

one was fined £50
one £25
the other went back to prison for the rest of a 2.5 year sentence.

Hold the A-hole from victim support I'd prefer it if car theft was legalized, if they had to pay income tax it would cost them more.

Don't know how the police keep any kind of moral when sentencing is like this.

That's because the government don't want prisoners , they cost to much to keep so let them off

Exactly - it is the sentencing that is at fault. Not many people can burgle whilst behind bars.

We need a three-strikes policy - or a three-plus-three policy - third offence = 6 months inside, 3rd trip inside = life (which of course isn't life, but is an easy way to haul people back in when they re-offend on licence.)

Given the Insurance Premium Tax, they are already taking the money for justice.

Flatten the sh1thole that is Gatwick Airport and build a 10,000 place institution on the site for starters - win, win - and it is "green".

They are looking to recruit new Magistrates. Perhaps . . .

Personally, I would love to dump these cretins on one of the very remote islands we still have in the pacific. I'd leave them on a beach with a spork and a packet of seeds and tell we'll be back to pick them up in a decade. Let them prey on each other and no-one else. Oh and forget to go pick them up

Personally, I would love to dump these cretins on one of the very remote islands we still have in the pacific. I'd leave them on a beach with a spork and a packet of seeds and tell we'll be back to pick them up in a decade. Let them prey on each other and no-one else. Oh and forget to go pick them up
Didn't we already do that with Australia? 🤔🤔🤔

To swerve back on topic, it's great to see that through the generosity of members of this forum, this morning the target of raising £1,000 to help get Paul, ('Slate 1234') back on his feet, (not just to help re-equip him with the tools of his trade, but to lift his spirits), has just been exceeded. £1,000 was a target - not a limit, and we all know how much 'trade' tools as opposed to DIY tools cost, so if any further members feel disposed to make a donation, here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thi...ow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer
Well done to Daniel in setting up the go-fund-me page, which is rather more constructive and helpful to Paul than debating in an 'Everything For Sale' thread what should happen to thieves. (Nothing will change).

@Blister

So what line of enquiry would you suggest the police follow?

What evidence do you have to support your suspicion?

Back