Help user Slate1234

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
As many of you may have seen, user slate1234 listed his workshop machinery to try raise funds to replace his tools that had been stolen. He needs these tools to make money and many of us on here were saddened by the idea he would have to sell his machinery.

I have set up a gofundme page to help raise some capital for his new tools. I have set the target at £1k but it sounds like he had to spend upwards of 9k so any donation we could drop in I'm sure will help a long way.

Link for GoFundMe is here https://gofund.me/31a7d839

Thanks in advance

On the original post, someone said about donating tools - maybe the same could be done here but for money? Offering things they don't use up for sale with the price going to the gofund me and the "buyer" just paying the "seller" postage?

I'll bet there's lots of things hanging around that other members have been meaning to declutter but never got around to it - could be a good opportunity.

I'll post this in the original thread as well.

As many of you may have seen, user slate1234 listed his workshop machinery to try raise funds to replace his tools that had been stolen. He needs these tools to make money and many of us on here were saddened by the idea he would have to sell his machinery.

I have set up a gofundme page to help raise some capital for his new tools. I have set the target at £1k but it sounds like he had to spend upwards of 9k so any donation we could drop in I'm sure will help a long way.

Link for GoFundMe is here https://gofund.me/31a7d839

Thanks in advance

Dropped a small payment in - hope it works out for him. K

Those scumbags already have outlets lined up for anything they take…..
sad but even with smart water stuff just disappears…..
ask me how I know…..
2Harleys, a Snap on rollaway to die for plus all my wood machine
never to b seen again….
good luck in the future….ps I take my new tools to bits and engrave my name on it so it’s partially readable…
like up the hole where the battery fits etc….

It's sad that we live in a world where we need to have insurance policies for absolutely everything, im a firm believer that thieves like these should be punished with the removal of a hand as a minimum
One hand plus all bits that enable breeding of more vermin would be my preferred solution .

We have two issues going on here, one is the actual crime and the other is the police treat it as either very minor or unsolvable. One way to resolve this issue is to allow insurance companies to claim a percentage of an insurance claim from the local police force budget, now the police have a good reason to become more active and realise that these so called minor incidents do have a major impact on peoples lives and are not trivial to them. It is even worse when many locals actually have a good idea of who is doing the crimes in the area but for some reason the police do nothing, they should be on the beat and making life difficult for the criminals. Another way is to use honeypots, dangle the carrot and catch them red handed which is how I believe the Bedfordshire police handled a large spike in thefts from cars.

As mentioned in these recent posts unfortunately we live in a world where those who don’t work for a living spend most of there time scamming and stealing from those of us that do. They proceed through life with a sense of entitlement to other peoples property so they can maintain there lifestyle of drinking and taking various drugs etc at our expense. Weather it’s a self employed person or a elderly retired person or just someone that in their opinion has more than them they think nothing of taking what we have legitimately purchased through blood sweat and tears and in an instant it’s gone . Just as bad imo are the people that then purchase these stolen tools and equipment for the price of their next fix or bottle of alcohol. In short I would do anything and everything to protect what I’ve invested in for my future and as I don’t own my own property what I leave behind when I’m gone is my sons to do with as he sees fit . I register and of course mark all my tools but it’s no garantee so just in case I ever catch them stealing from my flat I have a little friend waiting for them . Good luck to you all with protecting what is rightfully yours ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 40
As mentioned in these recent posts unfortunately we live in a world where those who don’t work for a living spend most of there time scamming and stealing from those of us that do. They proceed through life with a sense of entitlement to other peoples property so they can maintain there lifestyle of drinking and taking various drugs etc at our expense. Weather it’s a self employed person or a elderly retired person or just someone that in their opinion has more than them they think nothing of taking what we have legitimately purchased through blood sweat and tears and in an instant it’s gone . Just as bad imo are the people that then purchase these stolen tools and equipment for the price of their next fix or bottle of alcohol. In short I would do anything and everything to protect what I’ve invested in for my future and as I don’t own my own property what I leave behind when I’m gone is my sons to do with as he sees fit . I register and of course mark all my tools but it’s no garantee so just in case I ever catch them stealing from my flat I have a little friend waiting for them . Good luck to you all with protecting what is rightfully yours ..
Unfortunately the fact that you have that ready for such an occasion would land you in trouble for premeditated attack and letting your would be thief off the hook.

Unfortunately the fact that you have that ready for such an occasion would land you in trouble for premeditated attack and letting your would be thief off the hook.
Fully agree and understand and hopefully I will never have to resort to such drastic action but these low life’s make my blood boil. I’m actually quite placid in reality but found this post reminding me of my old flat many years ago being robbed of my tools fishing tackle and my extensive stereo all gone -alarm blaring away but nobody saw or heard anything. I will stay the right side of the law ..

@slate1234 , glad you got to keep your workshop kit 👍
A good outcome, showed the forum at its best. A problem shared. Let us know if you need anything more. But getting back to earning an income is a great start. The sad think is 99% of people are decent and want to help, its that small minority that poisons things for the rest of us. But this has ended in a good way.

We have two issues going on here, one is the actual crime and the other is the police treat it as either very minor or unsolvable. One way to resolve this issue is to allow insurance companies to claim a percentage of an insurance claim from the local police force budget, now the police have a good reason to become more active and realise that these so called minor incidents do have a major impact on peoples lives and are not trivial to them. It is even worse when many locals actually have a good idea of who is doing the crimes in the area but for some reason the police do nothing, they should be on the beat and making life difficult for the criminals. Another way is to use honeypots, dangle the carrot and catch them red handed which is how I believe the Bedfordshire police handled a large spike in thefts from cars.

One of my neighbours had her car nicked off her drive a few weeks ago.
Got up Saturday morning, drew the curtains, and gone overnight.
Locked, and alarmed. Suzuki jeep-type thing. Not worth a fortune, granted, but it was hers, and her only form of personal transport.
Informed the boys in blue, who logged the details. No visit, but frankly "no point".
The following day, she got a phone call from Plod.
They asked her if she'd found anything out!
No?

No visit. No phone call.
The End.

The police are not intrested , My daughter had her car stolen , All the police did was give her a crime reference number . As far as the police are concerned reference number given = job done.

Back