help requested re O/E7

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My outlook express will not work, I think it might because its 6.

Can I just download a O/E7 from the web or is there some system I must follow.

(Dont want those other mail programs)

Unfortunately Outlook Express 7 does not exist, Microsoft have moved to Windows Live mail instead.

Whats the problem with your OE?

Nick

treds1":2isd3zpo said:
Unfortunately Outlook Express 7 does not exist, Microsoft have moved to Windows Live mail instead.

Whats the problem with your OE?

Nick

I get a statement like

"there is a problem with this websites security certificate"
Which is aso happening if I now try to get to my virginmedia mail page.

edit. I think my problem is that we now have four computers and virginmedia only allow three web connections, I will contact them later today.

If your having security certificate problems, an upgrade to internet explorer 8 (i would stay clear of 7) or even better get your self a copy of Google Chrome (much better) http://www.google.co.uk/chrome and see if you can now get online.

I would guess that the trusted security certificate you have for virgin has expired and needs renewing. Virgin should be able to help you with this. Would also be worth checking the time / date on your pc, if they are wildly out, this can stop certs from working.

Would be surprised if having 3 pc's on your broadband connection would be a problem, i have used Virgin in the past and had up to 6 connected with no problem. It would be worth giving them a call though.

Hope the above is of some help.

Nick

Thanks Tred, the time date has been playing up.

the reason is that this second hand computer was got for flight sim and joystick plus some other programs that would not work with the new w7.

The flight sim requires a time setting each time I boot up and that seems to alter the computer time which I suppose I could correct again by going to date & time in control panel.

Anyway I have now set up the XP computer and keeping it off the net and its got its own monitor so wont worry about that problem again.

Hope that has fixed it, let me know if you still have problems and ill see what I can do

Nick

Thanks again, treds. I dont expect there to be any patches or updates on those old programs so as mentioned I do not now intend to take it back to the web.

Is it the Flight Sim or the computer that needs the date and time set each time it is started?

If it is the PC then the chances are that it needs a new BIOS battery for the motherboard. Depending on the motherboard this can be a simple or complex change. Some of the old motherboards actually had the battery soldered to the board, but most later ones tend to use an easily replacable button cell. Something like Belarc (a free program) http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html will identify all the relevant parts of your system and allow easier tracking down of any required replacement. On the other hand if you actually got the motherboard manual with the computer this should give all the details and show the board layout.

Misterfish

Sounds if that is the problem, both keep needing the time to be set. I will have a look at the battery fitting.

Thanks

(might even be the email problem)

Back