help power tool Dust Extractors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lark

Established Member
Reaction score
im looking for a reasonable one with the plug power tool in.

am thinking about the mirka ceros sander.. when i can find gd price but not sure if there vac very good.. and bit pricey also it uses bags so to have keep buying them not good lol
also use it for the festool track saw and what ever else in the garage

i would like festool mini maybe but still £320 bit cheaper would be nice lol and as for bigger ones cost even more lol....

thanks they maybe worth a think.... whats it like for sanding with as in is the suction to strong and pulls the sander into the wood...

I've got a Nilfisk Alto, the most expensive one they do, taller than the one Chems linked to and it's got the "Extreme Clean" function (cleans it's filters every now and again itself). It's a great piece of kit but I wish I'd got the smaller one and not bothered with the Extreme Clean version, it's pretty annoying hearing it thumping all the time. Go for the push and clean version.
I want to eventually get a cyclone and drop box sorted and have them all mounted on-top of the smaller version so that it can be wheeled around the 'shop with ease and only have to empty the drop-box regularly.

I'd recommend Nilfisk Alto, well made IMHO. Hope that helps your decision.

Cheers _Dan

I have both the Nilfisk and the Fein QA35 (now superceeded by a new model).

Both are good, but I prefer the Fein. I have the Nilfisk for site use, and the Fein stays permanently plumbed in the 'shop (along with the Ceros sander :D ).

The Fein is much better built than the Nilfisk, mine came with a filter which means that you can do away with bags - although it can blind quite quickly so needs a shaking off quite frequently (but it's not much of a job anyway).

HTH.

Cheers

Karl

I've got the Nilfisk Alto Aero 25, the Fein QA 35 and the Festool CTL 36 which is better than all the others by miles.

I looked at the Festool range too, but at 3 x the price of the Fein, didn't think it was worth the price.

Karl":1d3fdgk9 said:
The Fein is much better built than the Nilfisk, mine came with a filter which means that you can do away with bags - although it can blind quite quickly so needs a shaking off quite frequently (but it's not much of a job anyway).

I bought a Fein as well (the Dustex 40). It's very well made and you can use it without bags, which saves a fortune.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Oryxdesign":225ywqg1 said:
Karl":225ywqg1 said:
Well what else would you expect a Festool dealer to say :lol:

I'm not anymore :!:

What happened Simon, not work out?

Anyway, think a lot of folk have these:

http://www.power-tools-pro.co.uk/trend- ... p-614.html

Although price seems to have gone skywards. Seem to recall they were £130/140 odd when I got a couple (wife stole one). 5m hose, 7m flex and power take-off with delay. Still going strong after 7 or 8 yrs (at least).
With pre-filter and 0.3 Micron filter can be used bagless.

I see that most of the recommendations above are for single motor vacs. Does anyone thing that twin motors and really needed ?

<edit> Sorry, just realized I was ploughing through old threads when I found this.

Back