Help Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi There

I've been contacted by mantrakalas (Trieste, Italy) who has recommended two German sites that Italian Woodworkers use because VAT is lower in Germany than Italy.

I am happy with the way both of the sites work, but I wondered whether anybody would care to take a look and be prepared to allow me to use their comments in The List? The sites are: -

http://www.dick-gmbh.com/

http://www.fine-tools.com/

Thanks
Neil

Thanks for the links Niel. Some tasty looking tools available from both sites with reasonable prices too. All the pages I checked loaded quickly, the links are clear, pages well laid out. Well worth spending some time on each link as both sites have a lot of depth to them; seems to be something there for everyone's tastes...who knows... maybe we might get YOU onto the slope too Niel... :wink:

Neil,

I have bought stuff from both these folk in the past and they give good service. Dick have a nice printed catalogue - received the latest edition just a couple of days ago.

Chris,
Don't forget the free mouse mat they chucked in too. (Or was that just me? :lol: )
I particularly like the Dick site, some great Japanese tools amongst other stuff. (also, the boss of the company is called Dr Dick-stop giggling at the back :shock: )
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi Chris and Philly

Thank you for your comments, they sound good and not just for Italian woodworkers. I will update the listings.

Midnight":1cylq83u said:
who knows... maybe we might get YOU onto the slope too Neil... :wink:

Err, um, oh. :idea: Yes, I'll go and count the tails on my routers. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Yep, wonderful catalogue from Dr Dick, and I rather liked the mouse mat (I'm using it now). Blooming miracle though; I've never bought anything from them. :shock: Not for lack of wamting to, I hasten to add... :oops: Dieter Schmid always gets a good press on the 'Murrican fora too, although not so much now as the almighty greenback doesn't do as well against the Euro as it did.

Cheers, Alf

mmm... I think I will have to ask messrs Dick and Schmidt a little commission on their future massive sellings in the UK :( :) :D :lol: !

Greetings
Alberto

Hi Neil

Dick is far too expensive for me although the range is good. To be honest I was quite shocked by the prices for chisels

I have used Dieter Schmid a lot (5 japanese chisels, 3 japanese saws, Hock plane blade, new chip breaker, japanese hammer) and was very happy with his prices and service.

Cheers

Tony

Err, um, oh. Yes, I'll go and count the tails on my routers.

What..??? not even a block plane Neil..???? For shame.!!!!!

<learning that card scrapers make a fine job of post glue up wipe marks..

Back