Help please record power bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Help required please my record power 400 bandsaw just started to smell of burning and it's come to a stop i haven't had time to investigate apart from checking the fuse .Still no power any ideas what to check over the week end
Thank's in anticipation Mock

Either a loose connection or damage to the mains cable.
Follow your nose, the problem part will absolutely stink.

First thing I would do is unplug it from the mains, then see if you can turn the wheels by hand - if they are pretty free, then chances are it's something to do with the motor or the supply of power thereto.

If it's tight to turn, maybe one of the wheel bearings is seizing?
You can tell a lot from the actual "kind" of smell to - the smell of a motor cooking is entirely different from the smell of a cable joint overheating.
Martin.

Thanks both ' wheel was free i checked the fuse no joy so i checked the switch all wires look ok no sign of burning wires although there was a lot of saw dust there so give it a quick blow and it started so ill keep a eye on it thank's again Mock

Sounds like you are not shifting the sawdust quickly enough and the blade just jams up when it's full. More so with wet timber. That can also change the blade alignment, so make shure you have enough 'suck' from the extractor vac to keep it clear

If it's still not running or running badly, loss power, motor heating up. It'll be run capacitor. Round plastic bit generally stuck on side of motor with wires coming out of it. With bandsaw unplugged check if its bulges or melted or smells. They're cheap to replace, £10 , just get same rates one as blown one.

Thanks both ' wheel was free i checked the fuse no joy so i checked the switch all wires look ok no sign of burning wires although there was a lot of saw dust there so give it a quick blow and it started so ill keep a eye on it thank's again Mock

Thanks' for your replies but as above post
wheel was free i checked the fuse no joy so i checked the switch all wires look ok no sign of burning wires although there was a lot of saw dust there so give it a quick blow and it started

Latest posts

Back