help on how to remove rustins plastic coat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfulton

Reaction score
hello i have a old parquet floor that i coated with Rustins plastic coat on it however when the floor was laid i think there has been something on the old flooring that has made some patchy light streaky marks.

How do i remove the parts of plastic coating so i can sand the parquet in order to re coat the particular areas.

I have never used the product, so my response may, or may not be of assistance.
If you are only looking to remove the coating in isolated areas I would first consider what is the base binder, I.e oil/spirit/cellulose etc. Often the product instructions will indicate which agent is used to clean brushes etc. If say, the brushes should be cleaned with cellulose thinners, then try using thinners on a small innocuous part of the floor. If the coating reacts then apply more and scrap it off using a flat bladed tool to avoid damaging the floor.
Failing that, I would visit Rustins website, they are a large established company, I am sure they will have the answer to your question? In hindsight, I would visit their website first prior to attacking your valuable flooring.
Good luck.

I'd contact Rustins direct and ask their advice. It's pretty bullet proof as finishes go, so I suspect you'll have to abrade it away, but Rustins may have a little wrinkle up their sleeves. Just as important, they'll be able to advise so you don't encounter the same problem next time around!

Back