Help needed with setting up used dust extractor - no manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just picked up a used dust extractor - Record RDX800i 1998 model.
It seems to work fine, but I don't have the instruction manual.

It came with a number of spare paper filter bags, but I'm not sure if any or all belong to the extractor. Take a look at the picture. Do I need to place a paper bag over the filter you can see already attached? It's not obvious how it would be attached if you do.
Also you'll see there are instructions on the one bag referring to a cloth bag. Not sure if this relates to this extractor or if the cloth bag is missing?

Any advice would be welcome as I dont want to use it without all the filters as it may damage the motor or spew dust all over the shop.

Many thanks

Paul

DSC09276.JPG

I can't seem to get the image to work, so please click the link below to view the picture (big)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_8OaQmQtmTmM/Rlga48EIL4I/AAAAAAAAAAM/ukrVeecE88E/s1600-h/DSC09276.JPG

don't know about the record directly, but in my experience you put the bag over the inlet before the filter, or so that it goes round the filter and fills the space.

this is no different in real terms from most vacuums, or my trend machine
the bag is to avoid too many of the big bits blocking the filter.

paul :wink:

The paper filter goes over the pleated filter then folds inside it as you push it up onto its mounting. The paper filter is finer than the pleated one so it just becomes a holder more than anything once the paper one is placed over it. Regards Andy

Paul,
The reason you can't get the picture to show is that you are not using the image's correct properties between the IMG tags. Right click on the image , look at properties and copy those. You will see that they are slightly different from the URL which is what you used.

The picture is too big to post inline, so I refrained form making the correction. You should keep uour pix about 640 to 800 pixels in width to ensure folk can see them without scrolling.

PM me with your email address if you want a copy of the instruction manual.

Gary

Thanks all for your useful comments. Waterhead thanks for the help with the image - I'll remember that for next time and keep them small!

Gary has kindly offered to scan and email me the user manual so all my questions will be answered there. Thanks mate! It's things like this which makes one realise what a helpful community this group is!

Paul

I would say that is a fine filter . The paper filters are what you get as standard and the fine filter is extra . My EB has the fine filter on top , maybe that handle means you should pull it and see what happens :D Is there something on the top that would fit that filter ?

I also have been known to be wrong .

Gary":2wax62wk said:
PM me with your email address if you want a copy of the instruction manual.

Hi
I know this is a really old thread but I've just acquired an RDX 800i and would really appreciate a copy of the instruction manual if you still have it?

Gary

Back