Help needed with air bellows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donwatson

Established Member
Reaction score
We have purchased 3 Workzone scroll saws at our Mens Shed. One saw has already burst a bellows and wont move air. Does anyone know where I can get spares ?? We have tried a lot of places with no success. Anybody ??

Don W

Don, I had a similar problem with my old, cheapo (Einhell) machine, and also couldn't get a spare bellows.

As per advice on here at the time (some years back now) I bought the cheapest/smallest aquarium pump from the local pet shop. It cost about a fiver (equivalent) at the time, was almost silent, and COULD be wired to the same plug as the machine so that it switches on at the same time as the machine (but I didn't bother).

The pet shop also had a number of quite cheap plastic bits and bobs like clear plastic flexible pipe (I think it was neoprene), T pieces, Y pieces, nozzles, etc, etc. Being an aeromodeller I didn't bother with any of that (plenty of model fuel tubing, etc in stock) plus a little brass nozzle that I rigged up on the machine. It all worked fine.

I GUESS that if your club's 3 machines are close together it could be possible for one pump to drive 2 or 3 separate nozzles (one for each machine) through some "networked" piping. But as I remember it, the pump I bought was the smallest/cheapest in a range of about 4 or 5 sizes, so you should be able to source one pump big enough to drive all 3 machines. Or possibly better (?) one each small pump for each machine? But my smallest model pump certainly did have more than enough puff to keep my saw cutline clear.

Sorry I can't remember the make, the pump went to another home (along with the saw).

HTH

I borrowed one of the dogs squeaky toys, took the squeaker out pushed the tube in the hole, then glued it under the bottom arm. This is on my Delta but should work on any machine.

Attachments

• blower (1).jpg
    blower (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 599
@AES, I have seen a pump as you described and it was around £5-£6 mark. I can get one for each machine and will source the plastic tubing etc from the local aquarium supplier.
@loftyhermes, I think I have found the answer, thanks for your help.

Don W

Rather than blow the dust about why not collect it. Claymore of this forum added a small vessel underneath the table using stick on magnetic strips. I'm not sure if he had extraction on the vessel or the dust entered by gravity and can't find his post.

Brian

You won't find any posts by Claymore now finneyb, he deleted them all a while back - you'll have to search for a post by me and others about a year+ back now for explanation, but basically his wife died suddenly and he's not been back on here since.

Re Claymore's "system", IF I remember correctly (possible, but by no means certain!), he had an extraction pump coupled up to that dust collector, and that was powered by a pump for a kids' bouncy castle.

My ears were burning lol, Don have you seen this website for spares? they cover loads of different brands and a few of them look like the Workzone saws.
https://www.isc-gmbh.info/isc_de_en/spa ... roll-saws/

While I'm here just like to say big hello and I will soon be back up to speed (just waiting for few test results) and will be back on here asap.....i really have missed being on here but without going into details its been a bad 12 months and hopefully its going to improve. Your right about the bouncy castle blower Andy it works great. I think the dust collector Brian's talking about is the one on my Axi Hegner clone saw which does have a collector box held on with magnets and i attach my shop vac to it through a hole in the side, its works great and will dig out some photos if anyone's interested.
Thanks again guys for all your kind comments and thanks again Andy for helping me out posting updates etc great help.
Cheers

It's really good to see you post again Claymore. I hope things start to improve for you.

All the best.

GREATTTTTT! to see you back Brian. As you know you've been sadly missed.

I'm pleased that the little I did (and it was a LITTLE!) helped a bit.

Now I s'pose you'll be chasing me about "where's your long-promised aeroplane Intarsia"!

It will be done, but as you know I'm currently finishing off another project which will be posted here when finished.

Cheers mate

Cheers guys great to be back, I haven't forgotten about the aeroplane intarsia Andy.....it is a fiddly one so no point rushing it lol and having had a sneak preview of your other project the guys on here are in for a treat when its finished....and no I won't tell anyone even if they try bribing me with Blueberry Muffins lol.
I had an idea earlier regarding the rubber bellows for the Workzone scroll saws, if you can remove them easily why don't you try sealing the split/hole with some silicone rubber sealant that's strong but flexible? there must be some sort of rubber sealant that will do it. On my old vacuum-forming machine i used to repair the silicone rubber seals with something made by Dow Corning (any flexible silicone rubber sealant should work and maybe strengthen the weak spot) its worth a try.
They are talking about starting a Mens Shed in Galloway so might check it out if they do as they are a great idea.
Cheers
Brian :)

loftyhermes":1jvezabc said:
I borrowed one of the dogs squeaky toys, took the squeaker out pushed the tube in the hole, then glued it under the bottom arm. This is on my Delta but should work on any machine.

Great Idea! =D> I don't think my Rory would let me nick one of his toys lol it looks similar to my camera dust blower (grenade)

Claymore":3oqqu5u0 said:
My ears were burning lol, Don have you seen this website for spares? they cover loads of different brands and a few of them look like the Workzone saws.
https://www.isc-gmbh.info/isc_de_en/spa ... roll-saws/

While I'm here just like to say big hello and I will soon be back up to speed (just waiting for few test results) and will be back on here asap.....i really have missed being on here but without going into details its been a bad 12 months and hopefully its going to improve. Your right about the bouncy castle blower Andy it works great. I think the dust collector Brian's talking about is the one on my Axi Hegner clone saw which does have a collector box held on with magnets and i attach my shop vac to it through a hole in the side, its works great and will dig out some photos if anyone's interested.
Thanks again guys for all your kind comments and thanks again Andy for helping me out posting updates etc great help.
Cheers
Thanks Brian, I did have a look at this site, in fact I was re-directed there from the Einheill UK site as they no longer support UK customers ??? As you mentioned there are quite a few there but there are also quite a few 'Out of Stock'.
I am toying with the idea of the aquarium pump/s to supply air , just need to get it to the committee for approval.
I am extremely pleased to see you back and know that your presence here will help fill a few peoples lives with your continual upbeat enthusiasm. I really felt lost without you. WELCOME BACK and THANK YOU

take care
Don W

Back