Help needed in Bristol Area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkus88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the middle of making an epoxy river table but realised after doing the epoxy pour I need to reduce the thickness. It's now too wide for my P/T. It is currently 14 inches wide but i'm going to cut it down to 11 or 12 inches. Does anyone have a planer/ thicknesser big enough I can use. I don't mind paying a small fee to use it.

If this this post is in the wrong place please move it.

Thanks
Mark

Depends where you are in the Bristol area. The Men's Shed in Highbridge has a P/T that takes 300mm wide pieces. We are open Tuesdays and Thursdays 09:45 to 16:45, Saturday mornings 09:45 to 13:45.
Nigel

Just turn up. There is always someone there but Tuesday mornings seem to be the busiest. However, at tea and lunch breaks ( 11 to 11:30, 12:45 to 13:43 and 15 to 15:30 approx times) the door will be locked for security and it can be difficult to get anyone to know you're there..
Nigel

Router milling setup might solve your problem, if you have a router... very useful for flattening awkwardly long, heavy, twisted or wide things.

Back