Help needed fitting integrated dishwasher!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I am fitting out a utility room which has a fully integrated dishwasher.

The instructions for dishwasher say max door height is 720 mm, the base unit doors are 730 mm #-o

If I fit the door level with top of dishwasher door the dishwasher door will not fully open as the decor on door will hit base of dishwasher.

I obviously don't want to cut any off the bottom of the decor door.

Is it okay to pack the dishwasher down 10 mm under worktop and hold the decor door 10 mm above the dishwasher door, it will stand 10 mm above the control panel if I do this?

Why aren't things just standard, any advice appreciated.

Doug

Will 10mm be enough Doug to allow the cabinet door to clear when it opens...?

I, more often than not, will fit a bit of carcass material (18mm thick) across the top of an integrated D/W space and drop the machine accordingly. This has the effect of lowering the pivot point of the door and raising the cabinet door at the same time.

If you are not certain if it will work, fix a narrow piece of MDF or ply 730mm high in place temporarily and use that as a guide rather than faffing about with the actual cabinet door. Once you're sure it will work, transfer the fixing points onto the proper door.

You may still need to take a notch out of the top of the plinth to allow the door to arc under the D/W, but this is quite common on a lot of these machines.

Tim.

Thanks Tim, think 10 mm will be enough but guess I might as well give it a bit more to be sure, I like the idea of a bit of carcass, that will look like it was meant to be there!

Was hoping to avoid cutting plinth as dishwasher is right in front of you as you come through the door but it might need it.

Thanks again, Doug

It’s unusual if you get away without cutting a little out of the top of the plinth due to the arc the bottom of the facia travels through as you open the dishwasher.

Doug B":3i95gboo said:
It’s unusual if you get away without cutting a little out of the top of the plinth due to the arc the bottom of the facia travels through as you open the dishwasher.

Yes, this is what we often have to do.

Doug B":2dmvx89a said:

It all depends on the manufacturer & model of the D/W, and what the height of the plinths and cabinets are Doug B....

I install a lot of kitchens with 100mm plinths and 780mm high cabinets. The D/W's with the elevating door do not require a plinth cut out...

Distinterior":12excaab said:
Doug B":12excaab said:

It all depends on the manufacturer & model of the D/W, and what the height of the plinths and cabinets are Doug B....

I install a lot of kitchens with 100mm plinths and 780mm high cabinets. The D/W's with the elevating door do not require a plinth cut out...

Hence me saying unusual but I agree you don’t always have to cut the plinth, I’ve not had to cut the plinth on the Ikea kitchens I’ve fitted

Back